fbx export

Greetings all. I am trying out OctaneRender. I am on a mac and trying to use the FBX exporter in Carrara to get a scene into Octane, not a large or complicated scene. No animation or bones no ik target. I get a message that states:    fbx.dll failed   File makefbxImporter.ccp  Line 65. Any ideas. no way to save as an alembic file only filmbox. as i am on a mac the bastard stepchild of computing there is no plug-in. does the exporter work on a windows machine? in which case i will file a report. thanx anybody

Comments

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,924

sorry dont have octane but i think fbx in carrara is stuffed. ? there must be another way to get it nto octane?

• de3ande3an Posts: 915

To get FBX to work on the Mac version you will need to contact DAZ support and ask them to send you the missing Macintosh "FBX.dll" file that they forgot to include in the current Mac version of Carrara.

Install the "FBX.dll" file in /Applications/DAZ 3D/Carrara8.5 64-bit/Carrara.app/Contents/MacOS/Extensions folder.

• dot_batdot_bat Posts: 373

wow! thanx for this info. this is what i mean by the bastard stepchild of computing. its been my experience that dazs mac programming is a bit haphazard. there are times they fix a bug and break something else in the process. thanx again de3an