New Site Issue List - some collected from other thread

2»

Comments

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,732
    edited May 2012

"should of had a longer text run"

Please speak correct english in the forums if you can - people who can't, and there are many here, may be be confused or pick up bad phrases, if you don't.

Post edited by Taoz on
  • shaaeliashaaelia Posts: 613
    edited December 1969

If you look on the first page, Haslor says this:

Haslor said:

3) Can't Edit the Poll after the fact (Test -- Text --- well all I can say is one side of my brain got it right) :gulp:

It was a typo. They happen to the best of us.

• AscaniaAscania Posts: 1,838
    edited December 1969

*sigh* And the store still refuses to remember how many items you want to see per page.

• HaslorHaslor Posts: 402
    edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    Haslor said:
    Okay by around about way I found the Forum Advance Search

Where did you find the forum advanced search?

I clicked on View New Posts
    Then in the light Gray bar you see: Home / Forum Home / Advanced Search / Search Results
    I clicked on Advanced Search

There you go

edited December 1969

This is the Original Preamble to the Post, for those who want to read it:
    -
    I removed this for reasons of keeping to the point.
    ----
    This Thread was not started to Bash on DAZ for everything that is wrong this the site.
    I started it as a collection of items we, the users, have found in our travels through the new site. That is why I was trying to make light a light hearted Joke about "Hide and go seek."
    But I will say one thing here, I have seen products in the last few days that I don't think I've seen before and they aren't new Products.
    So maybe the Old Site was Hiding things that I may have wanted to see.
    Oh and I do like to play "Kick the Evil Mage"
    -
    The new Site is new flashy (but does not need Flash) and New, but it is almost impossible to find something easily. (they are working on that)
    But I like a good game of "Hide and Go Seek." That and "Kick the Evil Mage" are two of my favorites.
    To be fair there are things I like about the new site.
    ----
    So... now you know why I removed it, but felt it should be recorded.

edited December 1969

Taozen said:

Please speak correct english in the forums if you can - people who can't, and there are many here, may be be confused or pick up bad phrases, if you don't.

My apologies, i
    If I could edit the Poll, I would.
    I tried the moment I read the First post pointing out my mistake.
    And if you notice, it is on the list of items that need to be fixed.

Haslor

• atryeuatryeu Posts: 612
    edited December 1969

Where did our "Last" link go for the page numbers? :( It was there yesterday but now you can just travel to "Next" instead :(

edited December 1969

Shaaelia said:

Haslor said:

3) Can't Edit the Poll after the fact (Test -- Text --- well all I can say is one side of my brain got it right) :gulp:

Sure, I make typos quite often myself. But I've noticed that some people consistently use "of" instead of "have", just like some use "u" instead of "you". So I didn't think about it as a typo.

Could be dyslexia of course (I know very little about that). Haslor mentioned it in a post but I just thought he was joking. If that's the case, no problem of course. If your english is bad, no problem either. It's when people intentionally replace words with others because they're easier to type or whatever it gets annoying (and confusing for people who don't speak english very well).

edited December 1969

atryeu said:
    Where did our "Last" link go for the page numbers? :( It was there yesterday but now you can just travel to "Next" instead :(

It is still there, you have to have a Thread that has more than 3 pages, for it to be displayed.
    Haslor

edited December 1969

Haslor said:
    Taozen said:

My apologies, i
    If I could edit the Poll, I would.
    I tried the moment I read the First post pointing out my mistake.
    And if you notice, it is on the list of items that need to be fixed.

Haslor

No problem. See my other post where I explain my point.

edited May 2012

Taozen said:
    Shaaelia said:

Haslor said:

Sure, I make typos quite often myself. But I've noticed that some people consistently use "of" instead of "have", just like some use "u" instead of "you". So I didn't think about it as a typo.

Could be dyslexia of course (I know very little about that). Haslor mentioned it in a post but I just thought he was joking. If that's the case, no problem of course. If your english is bad, no problem either. It's when people intentionally replace words with others because they're easier to type or whatever it gets annoying (and confusing for people who don't speak english very well).

Yes and I will be the first person to admit my grammar and word usage are atrocious.

But... I want to thank you for your post, for it confirmed something I've been wondering about.
    I am guessing that you are using a PC and as such the PC does a when you press the enter key.
    I on the other hand, I am using a Mac and when I press Return I only get a .
    This is an important difference and all of the issue with missing blank line are cause by the Mac's not adding the .
    Interesting, bug or setting that is causing the issue.

Thank you Taozen for your reminder I should be more mindful of my word usage.
    And Dyslexia is not a hard fast issue, it just mean I have trouble with words, hence my improper word usage.

Haslor

Post edited by Haslor on
  • atryeuatryeu Posts: 612
    edited December 1969

Haslor said:
    atryeu said:

It is still there, you have to have a Thread that has more than 3 pages, for it to be displayed.
    Haslor

Thanks for the info... I guess there were a few topics that were around 5 pages, now that I think about it. I unsubscribed to those earlier because they are too hard to keep up on and find where the last new post was I left off at :(

edited December 1969

Haslor said:

But... I want to thank you for your post, for it confirmed something I've been wondering about.
    I am guessing that you are using a PC and as such the PC does a when you press the enter key.
    I on the other hand, I am using a Mac and when I press Return I only get a .
    This is an important difference and all of the issue with missing blank line are cause by the Mac's not adding the .
    Interesting, bug or setting that is causing the issue.

I'm on a PC yes, but I also get a only when I press Enter, in this forum. I have to press it twice, to get a blank line.

Thank you Taozen for your reminder I should be more mindful of my word usage.
    And Dyslexia is not a hard fast issue, it just mean I have trouble with words, hence my improper word usage.

Well like I said, as long as people don't mess with the language in odd ways, intentionally, I have no problem with how they speak/write.... :)