Design error? Ugly Dave Outfit for G3M

This is supposed to be a male outfit. Nonetheless, when looking at the pictures (while searching for stuff that can be used for a Biker Gang outfit) I noticed that the denim vest has the buttons on it's LEFT front side/lapel. But jackets/vests made for males always have the buttons on the right front side/lapel.

Might be a bit simple minded of me, but it's a reason for not buying this outfit, as no selfrespecting bike gang member would wear a girl's jacket/vest wink

Comments

• FeralFeyFeralFey Posts: 3,897

I don't think it's simple minded of you at all, to be honest. I, myself, prefer my 3d content to be accurate and be as close to "reality" as possible, and I try to make my products that way. So I totally get your frustration over this detail. Why spend money on something that isn't what you want? 

That being said, however, I have the outfit and I can tell you that it's an easy fix. Load the vest onto the Genesis 3 Male, select the Ugly Dave vest from the scene hierarchy, and in the parameters tab on the "X" scale dial change it from 100 % to -100% and voila'!! The buttons are now on the correct side. I did some preliminary checks and as far as I can tell the rigging works exactly the same, so you shouldn't have any issues using the outfit with poses. 

I hope that helps and maybe persuades you to give the outfit a chance. The beauty of 3D digital content is that while it might not be perfect, there are ways to make it work. :)

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,155

Thanks for the tip, FeralFey. 

• maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,750
    FeralFey said:

That being said, however, I have the outfit and I can tell you that it's an easy fix. Load the vest onto the Genesis 3 Male, select the Ugly Dave vest from the scene hierarchy, and in the parameters tab on the "X" scale dial change it from 100 % to -100% and voila'!! The buttons are now on the correct side. I did some preliminary checks and as far as I can tell the rigging works exactly the same, so you shouldn't have any issues using the outfit with poses.

Thanks for the easy fix smiley

Would be great if stuff like that could be seen on the item's shop page though devil

• FeralFeyFeralFey Posts: 3,897

I'm happy to have been helpful. :) And yeah, it would be great if things like that were more widely publicized, but I don't think a lot of people know about reversing the X scale. 

As an aside, if you need something upside down, reverse the Y scale, and if you want something turned backwards, reverse the Z scale. ;) 

• maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,750
    FeralFey said:

I'm happy to have been helpful. :) And yeah, it would be great if things like that were more widely publicized, but I don't think a lot of people know about reversing the X scale. 

As an aside, if you need something upside down, reverse the Y scale, and if you want something turned backwards, reverse the Z scale. ;) 

Good to know that....

How about inside out?

devil

• Full name: Ugly-but-surprisingly-in-touch-with-his-feminine-side Dave