International Space Station: accolades and Kudos

Griffin AvidGriffin Avid Posts: 3,758
edited January 2018 in The Commons

https://www.daz3d.com/international-space-station

Making a thread for products that, basically, do what I wish they did.

So, I've been saying forever that I want products in pieces. That is, individual pieces.

I have way too many sets that are one big piece. I am struggling with a pool set that EVEN THE POOL WATER is part of the overall set so forget about trying to change its Shader.

Even the surface tool can't find it. lol

-----------

This Space Station arrived and although it's somewhat costly, it makes up with the price tag with its attention to detail, overall scope and it comes in parts so you can build WHATEVER you want with the bits and bobs.

For real science, it's awsome and for Sci-Fi, it's the ultimate and will be kit-bashed into who knows what.

A drink raised to Mely3D in celebration of his product's versatility.

Look at this....

Incredible...

Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• FaveralFaveral Posts: 415

Very good job Mely! Super boulot!

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,762

Well, you've got me impressed.  Now I just need to squirrel up the cash to buy it...

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,576

...same here.

• Griffin AvidGriffin Avid Posts: 3,758

@Mely3D Saving up for his Mecha since it also has a cockpit (that I never noticed till now)

A little embarassed that I never noted it till now. Ouch. 

Space Station parts.....will be awesome compared to greebles and such...

I see it being used for everything. I might use it for a building structure. Parts of a starship.

Once you add scale to the equation, anything is possible.

Oh man.

-------------------------------------------

There's a huge number of round probes arriving - pretty often.

And at first I'm always like "Another ball-shaped probe?!"

And then I realize, a probe will probably be the LAST thing I use them for.

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

Looks amazing, definitely put in a lot of time and effort. Then again, it's Mely3D so no surprise.  yes

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,043

It looks like one I already have. It says it is a DAZ Original by Bricabrake.

2017-10-11 17:15:43.325 Total Rendering Time: 1 hours 4 minutes 16.66 seconds

Click on image for full size.

2017-10-11 23:12:06.859 Total Rendering Time: 3 hours 2.50 seconds

• Fishtales said:

It looks like one I already have. It says it is a DAZ Original by Bricabrake.

2017-10-11 17:15:43.325 Total Rendering Time: 1 hours 4 minutes 16.66 seconds

2017-10-11 23:12:06.859 Total Rendering Time: 3 hours 2.50 seconds

If there are truly trying to look like the ISS, they will all look the same.  And probably both artists started with the ISS 3D model from https://nasa3d.arc.nasa.gov/

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,043
    Fishtales said:

If there are truly trying to look like the ISS, they will all look the same.  And probably both artists started with the ISS 3D model from https://nasa3d.arc.nasa.gov/

The one I have is no longer in the store.

• Very nice. There certainly is a lot going on there, looks pretty comprehensive. Great work Mely3D

• mcorrmcorr Posts: 1,028
    edited January 2018

i'm not clear whether or not all the individual parts in the promo above are, in fact, included because they appear to consist of what looks like a soyuz craft, which the small print says is a separate--must be separately bought--item/product.

anybody know what the facts are?

Post edited by mcorr on
  • Mely3DMely3D Posts: 99
    edited January 2018

Thank you all for your comments! You will find on the internet a mutlity of space stations and you will notice that they are all alike! Yes, since 2011 there has not been a big visible change on the spataile station, which explains that all the versions you can find are similar! If you take a Bugatti veron you will see that can import where you find it they will all have the same similarities, because as the space station it come from the real world!

This Product does not use or come from any other model! It is the result of several weeks of research and nearly 6 months of modeling and texturing work (which explains the price)

mcorr said:

i'm not clear whether or not all the parts in the promo render above -- with all the individual parts -- are in fact included because they appear to include what looks like a soyuz craft, which the small print says is a separate--must be separately bought--item/product.

anybody know what the facts are?

No, the soyuz and the Dragon freighter are not included with the stations.All you see on the shine of the product, it is included

Faveral said:

Very good job Mely! Super boulot!

Merci pour ton commentaire, que j'apprecie d'autant plus venant d'un artiste qui ne propose que des produits de qualité!! J'ai été très impressioné par la qualité et le travail  sur MICK Banquet Hall (sur les autres aussi bien sur mais celui m'a tapé dans l'oeil ) !!

Thanks again to everyone who bought it, and to others too :)

PS:Sorry for my deplorable English

Post edited by Mely3D on
    Mely3D said:

All you see on the shine of the product, it is included

what does shine mean ....

i asked if everything in the promo that is on this page is included ....

please answer clearer, or embed a picture ...

thanks

thanks .... wasn't sure because the modules in the front row look like maybe soyuz mods

• The two in front are (closest) "Zvezda" (Russian service module / crew quarters) and "Zarya" (Russian equipment / cargo module). Those are the original parts of the ISS, and Zvezda is the fall back position for all crew in the event of a major station problem.

They are much bigger than the "Soyuz" (and similar "Progress") craft, which dock directly to the main Russian modules or via additional, smaller, service modules.

The two in front are (closest) "Zvezda" (Russian service module / crew quarters) and "Zarya" (Russian equipment / cargo module). Those are the original parts of the ISS, and Zvezda is the fall back position for all crew in the event of a major station problem.

They are much bigger than the "Soyuz" (and similar "Progress") craft, which dock directly to the main Russian modules or via additional, smaller, service modules.

that's helpful to know ... thanks

• I have the (now removed) Bricabrake version (it's called ISS if you want to check your product library), and it doesn't come with separate modules like Mely3D's.

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

The two in front are (closest) "Zvezda" (Russian service module / crew quarters) and "Zarya" (Russian equipment / cargo module). Those are the original parts of the ISS, and Zvezda is the fall back position for all crew in the event of a major station problem.

@peterfulford   Dang Peter, were you an astronaut in a previous life? Or a NASA engineer?  Your knowledge is impressive!