DAZ download confusion

I purchased "Dynamic Sass Hair for V4". It is a Carrara product and should be easy to install. The files are installed in the correct folders, ie the .car file is in Presets/Hair folder and the shaders are in Presets/Shaders/Hair folder. I put these in manually because the auto install didn't work. The browser Tab does not show a Presets folder and the browser's shader tab does not show a hair folder. Also the menu item "Open presets" do not display the folders in question. I tried to "add folder...." from the browser folder menu but the Macintosh Carrara app "package" which contains the required folders can't be accessed from the browser's folder menu. How can I get these folders to show up in the browser? 

Comments

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,221
    barrieM said:

I tried to "add folder...." from the browser folder menu but the Macintosh Carrara app "package" which contains the required folders can't be accessed from the browser's folder menu. How can I get these folders to show up in the browser? 

Really? WTF?

In that case, I would suggest copying both folders to the User Browser library in MyDocs, or whatever the Mac equivalent is to that.

I like to just add the whole broad categories to my browser so that ALL installation to those areas are already there for me:

• In Scene tab I also add the Scenes folder from the main installation directory
    • In Objects tab I add the Presets > "Objects" folder
    • In Shaders tab I add the Presets > Shaders folder
    • etc., etc.,

That won't help if Mac won't let you do that though

• barrieMbarrieM Posts: 282

Rescue mission accomplished. Thanks a lot..... now I am wondering why the Browser hair icon is completely white. But no need to launch another rescue mission. I can live with it.

WTF? is that what I think it is? If so devilyes