Is the Carrara Cafe no longer in-use?

Howdy!

Had to post a request for help with Carrara a little while, which got me curious about the Carrara Cafe. I tried to register with it a year or two ago, only to have nothing happen. Thought it might've been because I was still using Exploder 11 so I tried with Chrome, but the 'Register' link doesn't ever do anything.

Then I noticed that it looked as though the last post was 7 months ago. Dang.

Did I findn it just in time for it to melt away? (Didn't do it on purpose!) Or are things just quiet around there?

I usually use Carrara as a medium-step between Poser and MAX (the latter of which I'm learning as a student), but I never had that much difficult doing animation in Carrara, so I still like it.

Notions? Good words? Bad?

Thanks

Davey

Comments

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,073

The cafe has more recent articles and posts.  For example, 3drendero has a post on the new fluid plugin which was only released on Christmas.  I know there have been some issues with new users registering but I'm not sure where that stands.

• 0oseven0oseven Posts: 626
    edited January 2018

And if you are particularly interested in animation of any kind then check out CarraraTors.

Be it CarraraTors or the Cafe, remember it is the community that keep them going - you show interest and the people behind the forums magically become motivated !!wink If you ONLY post in the Daz Carrara forums naturally there wont be any activity in the others.angry

Post edited by 0oseven on
  • Many thanks to both of you for the responses.

Who (if there's anyone here, since I can actually get here) is there that could help me out with registration? That seems to be broken; I tried it in both Exploder and Chrome, and the silly program will not let me register to participate. *sigh*

I'll find CarraraTors and take a look. I still like Carrara, even learning Max.

Thanks again!

Davey

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311

to register the serial number, you need to have "Administrator rights"

right click , ...select,. run as administrator. then enter the serial number from your account.

Hope it helps

• 3drendero3drendero Posts: 2,017

Still here, me and rk66 post some news at CarraraCafe.
    The forum is more active here, so we are here too.

PM Jetbird D2 for CarraraCafe access issues.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

was there a carrara gallery for posting art to at those sites?

where r the nviatwas renders these days?

• Hello, 

Please PM me or contact via e-mail if you are still unable to register and I will see what I can do. 
    Although yesterday I got an e-mail notification about successful new user registration But if needed I can create an account for you and e-mail the log in details for you to take over. 

However I must admit that forums at Cafe are like town of ghosts. Nothing much happening there. Cafe is more popular for resources collected. But we don;t mind if forums at Cafe got some life there too :) 
    hope all is well! 

• 0oseven0oseven Posts: 626
    Mistara said:

YES THERE IS A GALLERY ON CarraraTors. You have to log in to see it.

• 3drendero3drendero Posts: 2,017
    Mistara said:

http://carraracafe.com/gallery-2/

Top menu -> My Cafe -> Gallery

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

TYsmiley