* Closed * RRRR summer contest - With prizes!!

Comments

• hawkonthewinghawkonthewing Posts: 136
    edited June 2013

148 Future Cop for Genesis
    386 Ron's Magical Snow
    123 SciFi Boots Male for Genesis
    344 Mystical Sorceress Poses for V4

I wasn't sure if I should also do a Lucky Bastard pull now, so I thought I would go ahead just in case.
    423 Nocturne Poses for V6

Tag: hawkonthewing#4
    Title: Station Nightlife

Thanks for the comment, Luci! I'm having a lot of fun, but I'd better get to work, I'm way behind.

Forgot to say no post work.

Station_Nightlife_entry.jpg
    977 x 781 - 665K
    Post edited by hawkonthewing on
    edited December 1969

Catching up a bit.

Tag: hawkonthewing#5

218 wicked wear Seville
    281 millennium dog LE
    81 Cuban Diablo for Genesis
    166 Capsces poses for Hiro 5
    And just in case, lucky bastard pull, 327 Genesis beard

Title: Summer Love

No post work

Summer_Love_entry.jpg
    977 x 781 - 636K
  • zawarkalzawarkal Posts: 1,018
    edited December 1969

ok, here is my first pull... I see we're only on page 17 here

gothic construction kit
    postal props
    m4 hero pack
    gothic moon

• Ken OBanionKen OBanion Posts: 1,447
    edited December 1969

Totte said:
    Cool Ken - So beautiful only a true geek can really appreciate it

Just wait, Totte! I just about have this WPF crap knocked! (It's those damnable C# logical operators that are giving me fits right now! Using logical comparisons on enums that are also bit-masks; Arrgh! I'd be pulling my hair out if I had any!)

I'll be posting screen shots to my Facebook page sometime today. So you can't say you weren't warned!

• Ken OBanionKen OBanion Posts: 1,447
    edited December 1969

Luci45 said:
    Just pulled this yesterday and forgot to post the pull. LOL. And, yes, another one already! I can't believe I am posting two in a row. Where is everybody? Ken OBannion? High school reunion planning, really? I was talked into going to mine this year, a big milestone one and the first one for me - I don't remember all those people. Should be interesting...

Well, yeah, there is that, but I have so much else on my plate right now it's not even funny. (Well, actually, it probably is, if you're not me!)

I blew off the ten- and twenty-year events, 'cause I left nothin' behind in that school. I did go to the thirty-year, just out of curiosity. (I wanted to see what time and gravity had done to the perky breasts of the cheerleading squad!)

It was an... illuminating experience. The guy voted Most Likely to Succeed? Doing eight years for securities fraud. The Prom Queen (that girl whose erogenous zones extended some eight feet from her actual body)? That describes her butt these days. And the guy voted Most Popular? His three ex-wives lawyers and the Child Support Enforcement people would certainly agree: they want him bad!

I'm trying to get my current entry pulled together and posted, but I keep getting side-tracked by -- Ooh, kitties!

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,545
    edited December 1969

ROFL Ken, reminds me of when we had out 30 years class reunion from 9th grade (different schoolsystems, so here 9th marks the first "stop").
    One woman who everyone wondered "Was she in our class??? I would surely remembered her!!
    In school she was that everyday looking girl, nice but far from the hot gang. At the reunion, at the age of 45, she was hotter than most women 15 to 20 years younger, and she knew it too ;-)

• EmsimEmsim Posts: 234
    edited December 1969

I haven't gone to any of my class reunions so far - just realized the 30th zipped past last year. And my 27th wedding anniversary was a couple of days ago. Hmm, I keep thinking I'm younger than I am - I love being delusional. (lol)

My third pull: (good grief I'm slow!)
    535 Hammer Tail Dragon
    1110 Victorian Haunted House
    1469 HS Power Up
    799 Magnifying Glass

edited December 1969

Zawarkal said:
    ok, here is my first pull... I see we're only on page 17 here

gothic construction kit
    postal props
    m4 hero pack
    gothic moon

tag: zawarkal#01
    title: |:| The Night Shift |:|

used::
    gothic construction kit
    postal props
    m4 hero pack
    gothic moon

Mailman: Gosh darn it!, Lillith. What have you gone and done now?!
    Lillith: I can't help it!. I was hungry.
    Mailman: Well, you can't be leaving bodies in the postal boxes. They'll have your head for interfering with the mail.
    Lillith: Oh, shut up. Do your job, now. Deliver this body to the graveyard.

TheNightShift.jpg
    1800 x 1800 - 296K
  • MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,169
    edited December 1969

MelanieL said:

And my next pull:
    1094 = Sean for David 5
    520 = Midway Fun
    513 = Joint Flash
    1058 = Tweens for Justin and Julie
    547 = Revelrie Midway Interiors

ETA: OK, I just looked up "Joint Flash" in my ReadMe's and it turns out to be a texture set for Midway Fun! I can't believe that the Gods of Random really came up with this combination - it looks like a fix but I promise it wasn't! (No prizes for guessing what sort of image I'll be coming up with this time)

TAG:MelanieL#8

Title: A Slow Evening for Trade

Sean didn't think he would make much money tonight, nobody seemed very interested in his shooting gallery.

Also Used:
    Sean: Pure Hair Cool, Real Feel Pullover, jeans and boots from Town and Country
    Ginger Boy (Tweens head 03 body 01): Caleb skin texture, Zac hair, Tre clothing, shoes from Sport Trainer Shoe Pack
    Blonde Girl (Tweens head 03 body 04): Doborah skin texture, Pure Hair Timeless, Pink Ice and Mall Girl clothing
    Dark Girl (Tweens head 07 body 03): Azumi skin texture, Pure Hair Wild, Mall Girl clothing
    Dark Boy (Tweens head 02 body 04): Santo skin texture, Pure Hair Messy, Teen Swag clothing
    Background sky from KickAir8P's (freebie) Simple Sunshine SkySphere set, ground plane with a Hobobo (freebie) grass texture

MelanieL8_-_A-Slow-Evening-for-Trade.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 373K
    edited December 1969

So, six items required for my 9th pull, which are:

274 = Castillo del Diablo
    392 = Lisa's Botanicals Asiatic Lily
    689 = Dream Home Foyer and Living Room
    74 = Saba'a AlKair
    943 = Regency Furniture Pack 1
    480 = Zubarra

Hmm, a bunch of large-ish environment props - I guess this is payback time from the Gods of Random after the last flukey pull!

Sorry I haven't had time to look through the recent entries - it's way past my bedtime (02:45 AM local time!) and I just wanted to get that last image posted.

• luci45luci45 Posts: 2,671
    edited December 1969

Urban Renewal Strikes the Bio-Antiquities Museum
    tag:luci45#12
    The Bulldozer arrives a day early to demolish the bio-antiquities musem, surprising Red, her grandpa and other visitors.

Used:
    Violaceous Trogon
    Red Riding Hood
    Antelope pack
    Celebrations for Baroque Grandeur
    Nightingale
    Bulldozer
    Keevan Hair

Also used:
    Greeble City Blocks
    Cyclorama with Serengeti texture
    Bush
    Display Case
    Smay's Leather Jacket w new textures
    Effortless Cool pants
    Maddie
    Callum texture
    Rubble from Park Head
    LoRez Monks and Lorenzo
    Genesis 2 Female w Valarie texture
    GSuit partly retextured with Supersuit shaders
    Postwork w Ron's Particles
    Filter Forge Vignette

bio-antiquities_museum.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 2M
  • luci45luci45 Posts: 2,671
    edited December 1969

Pull #13:
    Scissor Lift
    Ron's Smoke
    Regency Dining Room
    Forest Gown
    Helen
    Diner Food 1
    FaceWeight For Genesis
    Cleopatra Outfit

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I'm so happy, hope your happy too...

It is now time for RRRR MINI CONTEST #2 !

This contest starts NOW and runs until JULY 4th DAZ3D Midnight time! Can you guess the Theme? Huh? Can ya? Come on try...

THAT'S RIGHT!! The theme is PAYDAY! (thought I was gonna say July 4th I bet) That's Right PAYDAY! I want to see folks, critters, whatever your RRRR and twisted artist minds can do when they just got a pocket full of cash. Go out on the town, Buy that new Car, go out for Pizza, shoot some pool, whatever, but it's payday! Sort of Open ended theme if you really think about it a bit.

DA Nasty Stuff. RULEZ
    1. All RRRR rules apply, so if your a LB then you need to pull your LB pulls.
    2. You can Enter as many times as you like, See Above Rules if your a LB or at that post count.
    3. As before only post Entries to the RRRR Mini Contest #2 Entries Thread please.

Da Good stuff. PRIZES!! Yep 2 dis time, a $25 DAZ3D GC for BEST and another $25 DAZ3D GC for Funniest.

Get your renders running... Cook them PC's in the summer heat... and Have fun...

Here the Entries Link http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/24609/

edited December 1969

confused--quick question
    I entered zawarkal#1 in weather mini
    I entered zawarkal#1 in main challenge
    so, are you saying that if my next entry is in the mini, it would become zawarkal#2 in payday mini
    and then if my next pull after that is in the main challenge it would become zawarkal#3 with the equivalent item pulls for that counter (which for me would still be 4)
    - or -
    do we count from 1 in the mini but pull as if pulling from our main counters???

• SasjeSasje Posts: 835
    edited December 1969

Thank you barbult :)

TAG:Sasje#08

RRRR Pull
    - Gothika Cabinet
    - The Study
    - Hat Hat Hat
    - Scratchies' Furs: Wild Cats
    - Mech Girl for A3

For the rest I used:
    - Scratchies
    - A3
    - 2x genesis
    - Mill dog
    - The Study Expansion Pack 2
    - Candle Collection
    - Hair and clothes for genesis
    - Postal Props
    - The Bookcase Collection (books)

Title: “Bed Time”

Child: Mommy I can’t sleep, the wind makes much noise.
    Mom: That’s ok my child, come I'll bring you to bed and read a small story.

RRRR_studie.jpg
    1066 x 800 - 277K
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:

DA Nasty Stuff. RULEZ
    2. You can Enter as many times as you like, See Above Rules if your a LB or at that post count.
    3. As before only post Entries to the RRRR Mini Contest #2 Entries Thread please.

Please can you clarify: I'm on #9 in the main contest so 6 items to pull - does this carry forward to the mini-contest, or do I only need the original 4 items in my pull?
  • SockrateaseSockratease Posts: 813
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:

Ummm... My web connection is dragging and upload failed!

I'll just edit that post later.

Sorry for the non entry looking post there - I'll fix it as soon as Comcast decides to let me...

edited December 1969

HA!

Got it working before I got scolded!!

That makes it OK, right?

edited June 2013

MelanieL said:
    Jaderail said:

DA Nasty Stuff. RULEZ

Please can you clarify: I'm on #9 in the main contest so 6 items to pull - does this carry forward to the mini-contest, or do I only need the original 4 items in my pull?You got it. If your on #9 and pull 6 your on #9 in the Mini. Each time the RRRR Main pull goes up so does the Mini pulls.

So It's like this If you PULL 6 for the MAIN RRRR contest you pull 6 for the Mini. IF you do 2 for the Mini Your STILL on SEVEN for the MAIN so I know that the second Mini should have 7 pulls. I hope this helps.

And Yes folks I will check! Ebil Drow Grin goes here.

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

HA!

That makes it OK, right?

Close!! I still need a User tag # and a Title for easy Voting. Just check the RRRR Entries thread and you'll see what I mean.
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    HA!

That makes it OK, right?

Close!! I still need a User tag # and a Title for easy Voting. Just check the RRRR Entries thread and you'll see what I mean.

Updated.

Thanks for the info - I intentionally avoided reading the thread until I had an entry. I thought I read the rules though!

Me missed stuff...

edited December 1969

Tag hawkonthewing#6

Pull: 196 Character expansion for Hiro 4
    231 Medieval gatehouse
    56 Daz horse 2
    213 Hat Hat Hat

And lb pull 203 Dream Home Kitchen
    Title: The Photo Shoot

No post work.

And into overachiever just in time for the mini contest. So, for my next trick...
    193 The Living Room Collection
    340 Ron's Tornado
    338 Gothic Construction Set
    358 Marielle hair
    42 The Cupola
    and lb pull 375 Genesis creature creator heads.

The_Photo_Shoot_entry.jpg
    977 x 549 - 392K
    edited December 1969

OK, I think I finally undesrtand how this is supposed to work.

I'll take the long-winded description out of my entry post and put it here (with the picture) and leave the entry with just the tag/title. That's the preferred method, right?

The RRRR image I was working on last weekend just happens to fit in the Payday category - so I guess it will go there.

I procrastinated the entire last one of these away (losing my computer at the time may have contributed).

I made a new list and spreadsheet, but it's in order of purchase, not alphabetical - so it adds even more randomosity to the mix!

Got a nice challenge on the first "spin" - Here's the results:

615 - Nybras
    610 - Sailor Uniform
    321 - Spy Car
    163 - Midsummer Night Dream Hair

It suggested an obvious image, but I spent a lot more time than expected trying to fit the Aiko Sailor Suit to Nybras! Still, it worked. Sort of...

Only other content is the Multiplane Cyclorama with a tile shader. I used a Light Gel to get the Dollar Signs in there (an image of a "$" {which I processed using a Fractal Generator to get the pattern} on a spot light set to only illuminate the Cyclorama)

Who wouldn't buy a car being promoted by such a Sexy Beast as that??

If anybody wants the Infinite Money picture for this, it's here : http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m278/sockratease/buckaroo_zps9d569c8d.jpg - no problems using it for whatever, even commercial use is OK, it's a two minute job in a fractal generator!.

My First RRRR Image, So I guess we'll tag it Socratease Image #0

No, wait. That not the convention I see other people using.

Call it Socratease Image #1 then.

Title : "Shut Up And Give Me Your Money"

rrrr.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 841K
  • DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,500
    edited December 1969

Ok, I may jump in ... maybe... may finish one or two? >.>

Well got a draw here, maybe have time to think something up with:

Cherry
    Mini Art Set
    Add On for Zombie
    Dragoon

So... V4 char, easy... art set... okay, easy... zombie stuff... erm painting zombies? or zombie artist? plus dragoon which is a kind of princely suit for hiro 3 tunic.

THINK THINK THINK... will get back to y'all later >_<;;;;</p>

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    MelanieL said:
    Jaderail said:

DA Nasty Stuff. RULEZ

Please can you clarify: I'm on #9 in the main contest so 6 items to pull - does this carry forward to the mini-contest, or do I only need the original 4 items in my pull?
    You got it. If your on #9 and pull 6 your on #9 in the Mini. Each time the RRRR Main pull goes up so does the Mini pulls.

So It's like this If you PULL 6 for the MAIN RRRR contest you pull 6 for the Mini. IF you do 2 for the Mini Your STILL on SEVEN for the MAIN so I know that the second Mini should have 7 pulls. I hope this helps.

And Yes folks I will check! Ebil Drow Grin goes here.

Disclaimer: I am in desperate need of more coffee now, so I'm a bit more dense than I would normally be. Just to check, am I off on my count then? I have been pulling without counting the two mini-contest entries from last time. I'll be happy to get where I need to be and put notes on those entries if I need to, just let me know. Thanks!

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,224
    edited December 1969

Yes, this mini contest is quite confusing to me, too. When we do an image for the mini contest, is it also posted in the main contest, or is the mini completely separate. I've done barbult #1,2, and 3 in the main contest. Does the next one become #4 in BOTH contests, or #1 in the mini and not added to main at all, or #1 in mini and #4 in main???? How can we be so dense as to not get this?

edited June 2013

RRRR-Mini 2 Pull #1 (count as Pull #5 according to Jades Mini rules )
    #1276 Daryl Hairstyle Expansion Pack
    #2251 Monstrosity Weapons
    #2421 Onyx for Genesis Male
    #2519 Police Officer

LB Extras
    #3217 The Facility: Institution Bed (Rendo)
    #2717 RobotWarrior HD 01

Now try to wack this to payday ....

Post edited by Totte on
    edited December 1969

what? now we're also counting the mini 1 pulls???

edited December 1969

Zawarkal said:
    what? now we're also counting the mini 1 pulls???

I guess so (for Mini 2) Jade can clarify...
    edited December 1969

Mini 1 were free. All I'm saying folks the Mini #2 gets as many pulls as you have in the RRRR. It's that easy. If you do 6 for RRRR you do 6 for Mini 2, then it would be 7 and so on. So if you pull extra for RRRR you pull the same number for Mini. I drop the increase in Mini. Just match your RRRR pull count.