transferring my Daz content to a new computer

Just got a new PC and realised how fiddly some of my Daz content is. Is there a quick way to grab it all and transfer it to the new computer?

Comments

• plarffplarff Posts: 256

Personally i'd either Clone my whole drive where DAZ is installed, use Acronis application or then copy your C:\Users\[USERNAME]\Documents\DAZ3d folder, basically where your daz install manager installed all the downloads/add ons.

• lordofthetrancelordofthetrance Posts: 22
    edited January 2018

Weird, I copied the folders from C:/Users but when I open a recent file it's telling me that certain files are missing. But it's looking for said files in slightly different folder arrangement. Then when I go into 'My DAZ 3D Library' in the content browser, it's missing stuff there too.

EDIT: I think I've fixed it now, it's because there's another folder in Users/Public that's full of stuff to copy over. Really think it should be easier than this though as it took a long time to track all the folders and I'm still not sure I got everything.

Post edited by lordofthetrance on
  • Which foldrs did you copy, and where did they end up?

• lordofthetrancelordofthetrance Posts: 22
    edited January 2018

There's too many to mention. I'll have forgotten. But it was all of the ones from Users/Docs and some here and there from Users/Public. I kept opening a Daz file (after dragging and dropping stuff) until it stopped giving me missing file errors. 

Post edited by lordofthetrance on