How Do I Install Products for Earlier Versions of Bryce into Bryce 7.1 Pro?

OK, the question pretty much says it all, but to specify:

I have some product packs that were produced for Bryce 5, Bryce 5.5, and Bryce 6, which I want to use in Bryce 7.1 Pro. Each of these packs have models, textures/materials, Sky Presets, etc. that are not found in Bryce 7.1 . I tried installing them by moving ther folders into the corresponding ones that like files are found in, but when i open Bryce 7.1 and look for them, they are not showing.

I need help to learn what I must do to get them to be of use in Bryce 7.1. A link to a good tutorial would be excellent. I prefer document style tutorials like pdf files, but a good video tutorial would be OK also.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Cheers.

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
  • Thanks Chohole. I think this might do the trick. I know that knowing where to put the files is more than half the battle. Though this refers to the old installers, the path used should be the same. I will read the document and try what it instructs. Fingers crossed!smiley

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Bryce still has manual download installers,   and  most of us regular Brycers do reccomend that you use the manual downloads, as the Daz DIM does tend to get a wee bit mixed up as to where Bryce content belongs.

Bryce is very particular as to where it's stuff is put, although it is very easy to create your own libraries from inside Bryce itself, so once you get used to the system you can personalise to your hearts content, as long as you follow the rules.