Newbie Making A Character....HELP!

Hi guys! I need some help! SO, I've been working on creating a character for Genesis 8. I'm using some merchant resource morphs and some of the Genesis 8 Head Morphs that are not merchant resource. I have the texture fully created and the morphs fully set...this is where I'm stuck...How do I create a shader for my character? Is there more than a texture and bump map that I should be making? How do I export my morph to use commecially? (and obvously state that it requires Genesis 8 Head Morphs by DAZ) I guess what I'm asking is how do I make my character "Library" ready?

Would appreciate any feedback I could get!

Thanks!!!

- Eli (ArtXtreme)

Comments

• plarffplarff Posts: 256

If i may ask, aren't characters made in Poser or Bryce and then imported into DAZ? Surely the textures etc.. are done in those apps?

• JessaiiJessaii Posts: 845

Hi guys! I need some help! SO, I've been working on creating a character for Genesis 8. I'm using some merchant resource morphs and some of the Genesis 8 Head Morphs that are not merchant resource. I have the texture fully created and the morphs fully set...this is where I'm stuck...How do I create a shader for my character? Is there more than a texture and bump map that I should be making? How do I export my morph to use commecially? (and obvously state that it requires Genesis 8 Head Morphs by DAZ) I guess what I'm asking is how do I make my character "Library" ready?

Would appreciate any feedback I could get!

Thanks!!!

- Eli (ArtXtreme)

It would depend on the terms of the merchant kit, if you are allowed to 'bake' the morph or if you have to distribute as just a preset that requires the morphs such as with the G8 Head Morphs or kits by ZevO. If the merchant resource is NOT allowed to be baked then the easy answer is you would just ERC Freeze the head and save as a morph asset, then shaping preset and it would require the user to have the morphs you used to make the character. If the merchant resource is allowed to be baked then the semi short answer is, you would remove all the morphs that are not 'merchant' resource, export your G8 as a custom shape at base resolution, bring it back in, save as a morph asset then dial in the G8 head morphs, erc freeze then resave as a morph asset and then save it as a shaping preset or character preset or both :) If you need help feel free to PM me I can try and walk you through it. 

• plarffplarff Posts: 256

Erm... baking and freezing sounds like you making a cheese cake wink

• JessaiiJessaii Posts: 845
    plarff said:

Erm... baking and freezing sounds like you making a cheese cake wink

Haha if only *sigh* I DO miss a good cheesecake XD

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,022
    plarff said:

If i may ask, aren't characters made in Poser or Bryce and then imported into DAZ? Surely the textures etc.. are done in those apps?

Not sure where you got that idea from, but that's not the case.

Textures are created with an image editor (Photoshop or Gimp, for example) or a program allowing painting directly on the 3D model like 3DCoat.