Unsure of what's changed, before and after reformatting my C:

KrysStarliteKrysStarlite Posts: 61
edited January 2018 in The Commons

So I had a beautiful (in my opinion) look for my character (first pic). I had to reformat my C: however, for safety measures are a few fraudulent mishaps occurring to my bank cards. I had Daz installed on another hard drive, however, but after reformatting my C: rendering my character changed. As far as I'm aware, nothing's changed in the settings, both for the character and Daz 3D. Rendering the character made him have a more... red-orange tint (second pic), and I figured maybe I had his Translucency low and didn't realize it. This didn't solve anything, however, as he only became pale (third pic).

I really would like to make it so he looked like he did in the first pic, but I'm not really sure how to go about that and I was wondering if anyone who's had a similar problem could possibly give me a suggestion or solution. It would be very appreciated!

1.png
1918 x 1077 - 1M
2.png
1918 x 1077 - 1M
3.png
1918 x 1077 - 1005K
Post edited by KrysStarlite on

Comments

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,987

Are you still using the same version of Studio as before?

(also, i suggest you photoshop you images to remove the lowet half of the gus, as black bars are against forum tos).

• KrysStarliteKrysStarlite Posts: 61
    edited January 2018
    BeeMKay said:

Are you still using the same version of Studio as before?

(also, i suggest you photoshop you images to remove the lowet half of the gus, as black bars are against forum tos).

Thanks for the heads up! Will upload different, more safe versions once the other two are finished rendering. As far as I'm aware, I've installed the same version. I kept the installation in my other hard drive, so maybe I wound up installing an older version and I'm unaware. I'll try redownloading the latest from my Product Library and see if that hopefully fixes it...

Edit: Unfortunately, degrading and upgrading the version made no difference at all. I'm really unsure of what I did to make him look the way he did in the first pic, and it's really bothering me that I can't get that look back again. :S 

• How was the character saved? A scene, that is opened rathr than merged, will (by default) bring the render settings across but other routes won't.

edited January 2018

How was the character saved? A scene, that is opened rathr than merged, will (by default) bring the render settings across but other routes won't.

As far as I'm aware, nothing was changed with the render settings or anything. I've tried opening the character in two other scenes he was in, where he was shown with the same effect at pic #1. Unfortunately, he looks like pic #2 in the other two scenes now since reformatting my C: drive. I'm clueless as to what could have changed. :S I should also note that it takes longer now to render with this new red-orange tint, twice as long. :\

edited January 2018

I found the solution! Somehow, the character's Normal Iray Maps were switched off. I'm not sure how, but I randomly decided to try switching it On to see if that'd make a difference (unbeknownst that it was Off to begin with), and it gave him the same appearance he has in the first pic. Yay!!! Thanks for the suggestions and help though, Bee and Richard! ♥

• So you have a version that works and a version that doesn't? Two things to try:

open one of the scenes that has a working version of the figure, then use File>Merge to bring one of the non-working versions in: if you render do they look the same (and as intended)? If so use File>Save as to make a copy of the scene, and delete the stuff from the original scene; then repeat with the other bad versions.

if the two look diffrent even in the same scene, select the good version, File>Save As>Materials preset, and apply that preset to the bad version of the figure.

edited January 2018

No, I don't have a version that works and a version that doesn't. I have three different scenes with the character in it, and they all come out with the red-orange tint despite no changes being made to all three scenes. I thought I found the solution, but it doesn't seem to be working after all. Maybe I was tired and deluding myself into thinking it worked. :\ I wish I knew what changed between before and after reformatting my C: that would make the renders come out with a red-orange tint...

Edit: Reapplying the characeter's texture actually, literally, fixed the problem lol. That's so weird...

• Very weird, but I'm glad it fixed the issue.