Installing Content with DIM

irelandmichaelirelandmichael Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

Hey all,
I am sure there is an easy way to do this but I am just missing it. I just got a new PC and I was installing Daz4.6pro. I installed it to my F drive as my C drive is small for my OS only. I have purchased loads of content from the Daz shop and using the DIM to download and install it. But my C drive is too small for all of my content and scenes. How can I install everything that has to do with Daz on my F drive? Any help is greatly appreciated as always!

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

You just tell the DIM where to put your content. You list the path in the same way that you would inside DAZ Studio, ending with the My Library name (or any name you like).

Click on the gearwheel icon at the top right, and select Installation. Any paths that you have listed should appear, to add one, click on the 'plus' sign a the bottom. Then go to the Ready to Install tab, and check the box marked 'Show Details', you should see your new path there.

• irelandmichaelirelandmichael Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Uninstalled everything and starting over, uninstalled content manager service, DIM and Daz4.6pro. This is turning into a nightmare.
    I tried to open Aiko 4 base in Daz and I got errors saying the file is not available. My Daz 3d Library/runtime/libraries/characters/daz people/aiko 4 cr2.

edited December 1969

Uninstalled everything and starting over, uninstalled content manager service, DIM and Daz4.6pro. This is turning into a nightmare.
    I tried to open Aiko 4 base in Daz and I got errors saying the file is not available. My Daz 3d Library/runtime/libraries/characters/daz people/aiko 4 cr2.

Aiko 4 is a morph of Victoria 4, it is not a standalone figure, you MUST install Aiko 4 into the same folder that V4 is installed to. A4 will not work if V4 is not installed first. All Generation 4 figures are based on either V4 (for female) or M4 (for male), and are simply morphs of the main figures.

Do you have V4, and did you install it too?
    edited December 1969

Waiting for DIM to finish downloading........144 in queue :/ its fast though

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,455
    edited December 1969

ATM it's slow cause of the overload of people updating. I normally get 3.8 - 4.5MB/s. Today I'm only getting 1.9MB/s. So, yeah its faster to download using DIM then it is to download the normal way.

edited December 1969

Finished downloading all content, Told DIM to install to F drive after creating the folder for content, open V4 base in Daz...
    Error The Victoria Support Folder Could not be found. Same with Michael, Aiko, and any other actor. Ugh

edited December 1969

Ok used the browse drives for directories and I think it is all working now.....fingers crossed

edited May 2013

Can you post a screenshot of your Content Directory Manager, you can reach it though edit > Preferences > Content Library. Please show the collapsed listing for both DAZ Studio and Poser Formats. What is the EXACT path that your content was installed to on your F dirive?

When installing V4 from the older EXE installers, you are asked to initialise V4, did that happen during the install process?

EDIT:

OK, let us know how you get on, it may help others as well, thanks.

Post edited by JimmyC_2009 on
    edited December 1969

I will get those screen shots up soon, all is not ok yet, most things are working just fine, others are not, some hair morphs are not loading, and a couple actors like Pendatrons Goblins are not loading.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Expand all your Content folders in the Content Directory Manager please. Not Collapse them. DS works MUCH better with Hand mapped Content folders.

edited December 1969

Ok Here is a snap shot of my Content Directory Expanded. As you can see, its quite a mess, I have things installed in too many different places including my C drive which is what I really wanted to avoid. Also after running the "Search Drives for Content I get a warning that I have 10 or more content directories mapped in daz studio...There must be a way to fix this.

Daz_Content_Directory_copy.jpg
    814 x 549 - 181K
    edited December 1969

The warning is just that, a warning, it doesn't really matter, it was more for DS2 and before when PCs had very little memory.

In ALL cases, what you should have in Poser Formats, is the folder which 'holds' the Runtime, and NOT the runtime itself.

I have marked your image below,

Remove the ones marked with a red 'X', they are content installers of some kind, and DS wont see the contents anyway unless they are in a Runtime folder. You would need to examine the contents, and we can tell you where to put them once you get the rest sorted out.

The ones with the red arrow, end in Runtime. If there is a runtime in these folders, remove the word runtime from the end of the path (see explanation above), if not, get rid of them.

Hope that helps for now.

JC_1.jpg
    814 x 549 - 203K