Lately, what did you gave most priority on purchasing? Had a swing on priorities?

Sakura grew on me, I didn't plan to do anime like and now I want a male Sakura.

Also I have been surprised of my biggest growing interest for superhero products for grimdark fantasy on scifi dystopic settings. This makes me mixa lot of genres for a purpose, and burn m credit card.

What did you gave most priority on purchasing lately? Had a swing  you didn't expected changing prioritary buys? Any new favorite?

Comments

• Panzer EmeraldPanzer Emerald Posts: 727
    edited January 2018

Proably lights and background elements. Also, textures.

I have no desire to invest in clothing anymore, unless it's by certain PAs I like/favor (i.e. Aeon Soul, Arki), for reasons that are better saved for another time/topic. But now that I've gotten the hang of Iray lighting, I've been saving up for light and HDRIs. 

Background elements, because of the kitbashing element. Doesn't matter the genre, so long as it has separate parts, I'll find a way to crowbar it for my oddly specific needs, haha.

Textures are another thing, primarily due to the prospects of 3D Printing.

Post edited by Panzer Emerald on
  • FenixPhoenixFenixPhoenix Posts: 3,016
    edited January 2018

I'm prioritizing modern settings (though I did get Sakura as well) that I can kitbash. I also have a soft spot for hair (preferably G3 or G8 with G3 support) and iray light sets. Oh, and scripts! Those are excellent! Plus, one can NEVER have enough shaders.

Post edited by FenixPhoenix on
  • BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,987
    edited January 2018

Landscape, buildings, Background elements, vehicles, tools (like the Bllboard crowds), the occasional light set, Iray shader sets if they have something I want...

Very rarely characters if they have a special "something"  (i.e. male characters), and the occasional pose set or outfit or hair.

I stopped buying much of characters, clothing, hair and poses since G8 came out, as I am basically still stuck in G1/G2/G3 content-wise and in regards to my projects.

Post edited by BeeMKay on
  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,558
    edited January 2018

I no longer buy most female content unless it’s usable for a man, so no female hairs, outfits, or characters

I like bedrooms and rooms with windows and doors that open and day to day contemporary props.   I like content that can clutter up a scene and make it look lived in.

poses which break away from the sexy model look.

Post edited by Serene Night on
  • Guy stuff, DAZ flagship characters, merchant resources, characters with good skin, and unique poses. I recently managed to hack together two nice looking hairs in Blender so hair just dropped way, way down my list from where it used to be.
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

I rarely buy characters anymore. I will purchase the occaisional outfit if its really striking and something different from what I already have. I am still a sucker for shaders but don't buy those nearly as much as I used - again - it has to be something I don't have.  I am focusing much more on utilities and things that will allow me to streamline my workflow.  So things like Kindred Arts Ghost lights, Marshians new Tenebro lighting, Riversofts scripts and several others for posing etc. New scenes and landscapes.  Some skies and HDRI's but I am currently mostly rendering without a background as it suits what I need to do for promos etc. ( I generally add the background in postwork at this point unless its for a personal, large scene of my own.) .  Unique, natural looking poses.  Something I really wish there was more of is poses for weapons.  Fighting poses that work for any sword, spear, shield etc. (I know you can't have it pre load to the right place in this case, which would be fine by me, I am currently becoming an expert at manipulating a weapon into the right hand lol) Doesn't have to be mix and match, I would buy a set of poses for sword fighting, another for spear fighting etc.  I have a huge collection of weapons and not a whole lot of poses to go with them. Animals.  I have most of the originals and all but  think two or three of the dragons (yes, its ridiculous to have that many dragons, plus the morph packs etc., but I don't care, I love dragons lol). What I need are more of the day to day animals,  cows, geese, pigs, sheep, deer, zebras whatever.  I am currently working my way through AM's catalog.  Underwater stuff is sadly lacking.  I have most of whats available, but its not a lot.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Oh and I am a sucker for tattoos, make up and unusual skins.  I will purchase characters that are unique in that way.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,550

I am being even more picky with G8 products, unlike how I was with G3 ones. Since DAZ keep releasing new generations way to early to take full advantage of the generation before, I just don't want to buy into G8 that much since there really isn't that much of an improvement over G3. Been focusing more on environments and props over characters. Luckily there haven't been that many characters that have interested me. I don't do toons or anime, so Sakura has no use in my runtime.While I have all the basics to use G8 female in my scenes, I haven't even bought anything for G8 male as I have everything I need for G3 male

I was intrested into getting more Dforce outfits, but finding the quality of many of them to be really lacking, so have gone back to just using the dynamic plugin from rendo for my dynamic needs at the moment

Always on the lookout for more quality warrior woman outfits that can be kitbashed.

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,153
    edited January 2018

WUT surprise I am still buying g2 crap..lol   I wish someone would still make stuff  for it.

Now days I only buy environments & props, bill board props of any type..  buildings, interior or exteriors, some vehicles if they have function to them , hair props if they are unique.  I do like to buy older 3d-universe toon characters when they come on sale, because they translate well with other 3d software .   I have pretty much stop buying female and male characters of any make or model.  I do buy some clothing items(mostly genesis2) now and then as they come on sale in my wishlist.  and rarely I may pick up a M4, or a genesis2 character if its on sale . But very rarely.  seriously my spending went from $100 a month to $20 or less since genesis3 was released.  Its not my fault I was & am still buying genesis 2 content... Its just no one wants to cater to genesis2 anymore, to bad too.

But It's like @ FSMCDesigns said,  Its hard to try to keep up with every new generations of characters that are released every few months. that is like trying to stay tech current by buying a new phone every time a bigger badder phone comes out.. Grief. I can't afford to buy stuff like that,  can you?   So I buy what I'm already invested. which is not g3 - or g8

Post edited by Ivy on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,560

...pretty much down to urban street sets (contemporary and futuristic), particular styles of architecture (British, Mediterranean, etc.), outdoor environments (mesh based), vehicles, and interiors all that include 3DL compatible materials.  Not so much into any more character based content as I'm satisfied with with G2/G3 which are not getting as much love here anymore with G8 out (though a G8 to G3 fit clone would be nice than I'd be more inclined to purchase G8 clothing and hair).

• FWIWFWIW Posts: 320

Shaders, I am surprising into scifi lately, animals, and background/props. Also normal poses and guy things. (Normal poses to the point I am attempting to make my own set so I can stop redoing them)

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401

Greetings,

Environments have taken precedence for me, although I'm still trying most of the dForce items.  Characters are pretty low on my list unless they really call out to me.  Even then, I'm almost never able to get the same depth of character as the promo pictures, which has led to me being a bit disillusioned with character purchases.  It's certainly a lack of skill and practice, but it's disheartening anyway.

--  Morgan

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,922

No, I just have Girl 8, Guy 8 and then I play by ear for the best deals that I actually want.

• zombietaggerungzombietaggerung Posts: 3,643
    edited January 2018

Things for the men, that are well made. Hair that doesn't look like a rehash of something I already own. Detailed plants and trees. Those are the top priority for me, but at this point since I'm not going in as hard with g8m as i did with g3m, if it's not on my wishlist I'm trying to not buy it. I need to save up for a better computer and work on improving my 3d modeling first. 

And of course render the things I already own. >_>

Post edited by zombietaggerung on
  • CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,756

Things that are on super-sale. When the discounts go over 70% I tend to start grabbing.  Beyond that - well done real world sets and environments (and by well done I mean that doors open, objects on the wall can be removed), real world clothing, character sets that fall outside the typical big busted girl/male model, and "natural" everyday poses are always tempting. 

Most of all though, and I know this sounds a bit generalistic, I'm attracted to things that make other products that I already have more versatile, ie: shaders, scripts, utilities or packs of unique props like articulated chains, water spalshes, background buildings and so on. 

• wolf359wolf359 Posts: 3,762

I model my own clothing(everything a custom one-off)

and will be using the dynamic hair system of
    Maxon C4D going foward.

G3 was mildly interesting for a brief time but ultimately redundan t& burdensome for animation

G8 -DEAD ON ARRIVALno

G1 & G2 will remain my usage models

Excluding the rare, occasional stonemason Sci fi set peice.
    I no longer waste resources on the Daz content Hamster wheel
    my priorty has shifted entirely to
    story development for my next major animation project
    and improving my  CG visual effects skills. 

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

these days i'll pick up something cause it looks fun to play with, like skimpy fantasy wear, or cave restaurant 

• I am no longer a PC+ member. I let my subscription run out on December 26 with the intent that I wanted to save money and work with all of the items that I had already purchased. This month, I have purchased one item, https://www.daz3d.com/uchenna-for-genesis-8-female . I have bought tons of characters in the past. With Genesis 8 im demanding a very high level of realism with any character or I simply wont buy. I am no longer buying fantasy or medieval (spelling?) clothing or props anymore with the possible exception of a good deal in fast grab. Fantasy is honestly the genre that I have the most difficulty with. I am focusing on sci fi and contemporary items but only when the deal is too good to pass up. Im still adding items for G8 to my wishlist because, as past and present sales have proven, when G9 rolls around in, less than two years now, G8 items (not to mention G3 items) will be sold for bargain basement prices. Genesis 8, in my opinion, while defenitely a fun model, should have been marketed as Genesis 3.5. If V4 was the Frankenstien monster that Daz had difficulty escaping from, G3 was Godzilla and is still tearing apart the 3D hobbiest world. Dforce sounds cool but I still havent upgraded to the most rescent version of Daz, im simply not in that much of a hurry. To be completely honest, Optitex completely soured my taste for dynamic clothing and im in no rush to re-visit dynamics no matter how cool dforce is. QA has been a concern of mine for awhile now. I feel that daz is overwhelmed with product and the quality and QA has slipped somewhat. I also feel that while the tech for the base models is getting better, it remains the same for some items such as hair and clothing that adheres to strict autofit standards. Why am I still buying the same corrective products that I have purchased since V4 and Genesis 1 ???

In all honesty, I dont get the rush that I had when purchasing new models anymore. I kind of feel that all the hunting for the latest and greatest stunted my creative output and I just need to get back to the basics.

If there is one single product that I will buy instantly, day one, no questions asked, it is any product that will save me TIME in setting up a scene and rendering. I have come to the conclusion that as the general tech is improving, it is taking no less time to put together a scene to the point where I like it, possibly even more. That comes from a perspective of making sure the costumes fit right, making sure the hair looks good, making sure all the shaders are updated to iray...

...and now I will stop babbling...

etc, etc...