VS Holey Top for Genesis

SaiyanessSaiyaness Posts: 715
edited December 1969 in Freebies

I'm going through all my little unfinished projects and finishing them up as best as my short attention span can manage.

Only two textures for this one. I figure most people retexture things anyway so have at it! It also keeps the download file small. Enjoy!

Note: Probably won't handle a busty women without fiddling with Subdivision and Mesh Smoothing. Be warned.

http://www.ShareCG.com/v/69361/view/21/DAZ-Studio/VS-Holey-Top-for-Genesis

VS_Holey_Top_promo.jpg
1361 x 1159 - 861K

Comments

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Very cute! Thank you!

• fairyfantasticfairyfantastic Posts: 116
    edited December 1969

thnk u hun its lovely

• katfeetekatfeete Posts: 247
    edited May 2013

Saiyaness said:

Note: Probably won't handle a busty women without fiddling with Subdivision and Mesh Smoothing. Be warned.

It wasn't terrible, actually, but running Sickle's Rigging and Morphing System over it fixed everything. ;)

Beautiful and very unique shirt -- thank you!

LenaVSHoley.png
    900 x 900 - 684K
    Post edited by katfeete on
  • SaiyanessSaiyaness Posts: 715
    edited December 1969

katfeete said:
    Saiyaness said:

It wasn't terrible, actually, but running Sickle's Rigging and Morphing System over it fixed everything. ;)

Beautiful and very unique shirt -- thank you!

Ah, I had thought it was a polygon issue - too low rez perhaps. It was only a quick knock-up that I made a few months ago and never finished. I'm really happy it worked for you though! I'm only new to distributing freebies (or anything) so I get super excited when I see a render. :D Thank you!!

I realised yesterday that I should probably get the SRMS after something she said in a thread....but I have no money O_o (The joys of being unemployed!)

May I ask how the SRMS helped? Or what you had to do to fix it? I'm not very tech-y.

• cwichuracwichura Posts: 1,042
    edited December 1969

SRMS will have added a bunch of templated morphs to the top, which help clothing fit various figure shapes better than the morph auto-follower will.

The main thing that clothing requires, however, to work well on busty women is proper topology. The breast areas should be constructed out of concentric circles of quads, much like Genesis itself has in that area. You don't have to go overboard on poly count, as SubD can always help there. But breast shapes generally come out particularly bad on clothing laid out in rows of quads instead of concentric circles, regardless of dedicated morphs, the smoothing & collision modifier and SubD.

• katfeetekatfeete Posts: 247
    edited May 2013

Saiyaness said:

I'm only new to distributing freebies (or anything) so I get super excited when I see a render. :D Thank you!!

You are most welcome!

I realised yesterday that I should probably get the SRMS after something she said in a thread....but I have no money O_o (The joys of being unemployed!)

May I ask how the SRMS helped? Or what you had to do to fix it? I'm not very tech-y.

Well... you can see below what the shirt looked like out of the box. As I said, not terrible, though note that this particular character is based on a V3 character I made in 2007... I still haven't quite got over being excited when clothes fit her instead of having massive, horrible pokethrough. :D Mostly there's just a lot of jagged, oddly square edges and boob cling, though for some reason it threw an error when I tried to add smoothing (new one on me). When I loaded the shirt onto a blank Genesis and ran SMRS through the Transfer Utility with the "add smoothing" option checked, both issues vanished, and yay, awesome shirt!

As cwichura says, mostly what SRMS does is add morphs, but that can have some pretty spectacular results -- the breast bridging morphs, especially, I don't know how I lived without. Totally understand being broke (I'm employed, thankfully, but with the husband only part-time, and the student loans, and the mortgage, and the toddler... yeah, I spend a lot of time window-shopping in liu of the real thing) but the next time you have funds I can't recommend SRMS enough. You don't at all have to be tech-y to use it -- the steps are simple and the manual is very thorough.

Thanks again for the great freebie!

LenaVSNoSRMS.png
    900 x 900 - 655K
    Post edited by katfeete on
    edited December 1969

cwichura said:
    SRMS will have added a bunch of templated morphs to the top, which help clothing fit various figure shapes better than the morph auto-follower will.

The main thing that clothing requires, however, to work well on busty women is proper topology. The breast areas should be constructed out of concentric circles of quads, much like Genesis itself has in that area. You don't have to go overboard on poly count, as SubD can always help there. But breast shapes generally come out particularly bad on clothing laid out in rows of quads instead of concentric circles, regardless of dedicated morphs, the smoothing & collision modifier and SubD.

Modelling with concentric circles? But that sounds complicated :p Unless I make a mesh directly from Genesis, circles in place and model from that.

Thank you!

edited December 1969

katfeete said:
    Saiyaness said:

I'm only new to distributing freebies (or anything) so I get super excited when I see a render. :D Thank you!!

You are most welcome!

Well... you can see below what the shirt looked like out of the box. As I said, not terrible, though note that this particular character is based on a V3 character I made in 2007... I still haven't quite got over being excited when clothes fit her instead of having massive, horrible pokethrough. :D Mostly there's just a lot of jagged, oddly square edges and boob cling, though for some reason it threw an error when I tried to add smoothing (new one on me). When I loaded the shirt onto a blank Genesis and ran SMRS through the Transfer Utility with the "add smoothing" option checked, both issues vanished, and yay, awesome shirt!

As cwichura says, mostly what SRMS does is add morphs, but that can have some pretty spectacular results -- the breast bridging morphs, especially, I don't know how I lived without. Totally understand being broke (I'm employed, thankfully, but with the husband only part-time, and the student loans, and the mortgage, and the toddler... yeah, I spend a lot of time window-shopping in liu of the real thing) but the next time you have funds I can't recommend SRMS enough. You don't at all have to be tech-y to use it -- the steps are simple and the manual is very thorough.

Thanks again for the great freebie!

Yes, the Jagged Boob problem. That's why I suggested flat-chested women :p I was already aware of some of SRMS' features but didn't think all of that morph support was necessary for a freebie and I'm not tech-y enough to magic in morphs myself. FBM could stand for Fuzzy-Balled Man for all I know.

I had already added Mesh Smoothing so that could explain the error. As for being jobless, I'm a uni student, currently deferring (or just quitting) because I have to move and am lolling about at home, job hunting.

Anyway! I'll stop rambling about this one shirt. Thanks again!

• cwichuracwichura Posts: 1,042
    edited December 1969

I am not a modeller, but I believe there are ways to do this that aren't too difficult. If you check RamWolf's thread about the skinsuit he's been building, he mentioned some steps he did in Zbrush (if I recall correctly) to convert the breast area from rows of quads into concentric rings.

Starting from the Genesis mesh and modifying it gets you into a grey area legal wise.

edited December 1969

cwichura said:
    I am not a modeller, but I believe there are ways to do this that aren't too difficult. If you check RamWolf's thread about the skinsuit he's been building, he mentioned some steps he did in Zbrush (if I recall correctly) to convert the breast area from rows of quads into concentric rings.

Starting from the Genesis mesh and modifying it gets you into a grey area legal wise.

Oh cool, thank you!

And that's a good point. Definitely wont be doing that then.