I'm having parenting issues...

DDCreateDDCreate Posts: 1,384

So my son has been wetting the bed lately and because of th extra attention he's getting, my daughter has decided to hop on the pee train too. We've tried talking to them but...

Okay I'm kidding. I'm having an issue parenting some elements. I'm making a Karate trophy mostly out of primative shapes. (see picture) I have the cylinder parented to the bottom cube. I have the platform that the character is on parented to the cylinder. I'm trying to parent the character to the platform but when I do...see picture#2. The character explodes everywhere. I'm not "fitting it" to anything. Just parenting but it keeps doing this. Does anyone know what i'm doing wrong?

T1.jpg
638 x 609 - 207K
T2.jpg
638 x 609 - 299K

Comments

• Are any of the primitives scaled? Is Parent in Place on (in the parent dialogue or the Scene pane option menu, depending on whether you are using right-click>Change Parent or dragging and dropping in the scene list)?

• DDCreateDDCreate Posts: 1,384
    edited January 2018

Scaled? Ummm, yes? If you mean did I change their shape from when they originally loaded in the scene then yes. I am going to the scene tab, right clicking and selecting "Change parent to..." It worked with the other shapes, it's just not working with the dude. I even tried deleting his hair and clothes but it still does it.

Post edited by DDCreate on
  • Does it work if you parent him to a different primitive that is still the size you created it at?

• DDCreateDDCreate Posts: 1,384
    edited January 2018

Yes it did! I parented the new regular size plane to the base. Then the character to the plane, turned the plane off in the scene tab and voila! All connected. Thanks for the tip!

Post edited by DDCreate on