DSON Importer for Poser Pro 11

I need some help as I cannot get the DSON Importer for Poser Pro 11 (64bit) installed through the DAZ Install Manager.

I have set the Poser installation path on the DIM correctly but keep getting an installation fail with the following error:

"Install Manager cannot find a required path. The package for "DSON Importer for Poser (Win 64-bit)" requires that the installed path for "Poser Pro 2014, Pro 2012 (64-bit)" be defined. Make sure that a path for this application is present on the "Applications" page of the "Settings" dialog, then try again."

I have check the poser install paths multiple times to be correct.

What else can I do.

My Poser version is 11.1.0.34764

Comments

• Lie - edit the application details in DIM for Poser Pro 11 to be Poser Pro 2014.

• Lie - edit the application details in DIM for Poser Pro 11 to be Poser Pro 2014.

@Richard Haseltine thanks it worked ;)

• SoneSone Posts: 74

Thanks Richard! I couldn't figure it out with my Poser 11 installation. Installed and works good now!

• I tried calling Poser 11 directory Poser Pro 2014 and it didn't work, how exactly should I be lying?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 47,058

I tried calling Poser 11 directory Poser Pro 2014 and it didn't work, how exactly should I be lying?

Did you change the diectory name or select Poser Pro 2014 as the application name when setting the application details in Install Manager? It's the latter that was meant.

• I tried calling Poser 11 directory Poser Pro 2014 and it didn't work, how exactly should I be lying?

Did you change the diectory name or select Poser Pro 2014 as the application name when setting the application details in Install Manager? It's the latter that was meant.

I am not sure where to change the directory name, I thought that I did go for PP2014, I'll check it again.  Thanks for your time and trouble!

• Ok, I had to go into another part of the settings and it worked!  Thank you very much!

• onceuponastageonceuponastage Posts: 2
    edited October 23

FINALLY got the DSON script to install to the proper Poser 11 directory thanks to these discussions! Now when I go to load a Gen 2/3 figure, no figure in preview/document window, but shows up in hiearchy??? Could this have something to do with where the content originates? Should I move the Daz3D Library items into my Poser runtime?

Current running High Sierra (Mac OSX 10.13.6) on 2017 iMac 4K

Post edited by onceuponastage on
  • That usually means the DSON Core files are either not installed or are are not in a Poser library folder

• Thanks Richard. I'm deep-diving into the DSON User Guide and granted it's mainly for Windows, I'm follwing the directions regarding the Gen 2/3 Essentials and their corresponding Runtime locations which I'm placing into my main Poser 11 Runtime directory. My question: do I need to also move/copy the corresponding "data" and "People" folders?

• The Data folder needs to be in a folder set as a library folder in Poser. Note that Genesis 3 (and 8) are not supported in Poser and don't come with PoserCF files; there are utilities to help you get a slightly downgraded version of the figures into Poser.