Maybe a dumb claw question

TheKDTheKD Posts: 2,674

I got some wolverine claws. It's threee claws, I need to eliminate the middle claw. Is there any way I can do that in DS? First thing, I tried bringing the claws into ZB, ans using a smooth brush to make the middle claw vansh. For some reason that didn't work at all. The smooth brush seemed to have zero effect on it.

Comments

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,560
    edited January 2018

...one way would be to use the Geometry Editor in Daz on the middle claw, set name it as it's own material zone, then turn the opacity of it to 0.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • TheKD said:

I got some wolverine claws. It's threee claws, I need to eliminate the middle claw. Is there any way I can do that in DS? First thing, I tried bringing the claws into ZB, ans using a smooth brush to make the middle claw vansh. For some reason that didn't work at all. The smooth brush seemed to have zero effect on it.

Use the move brush instead.

• TheKDTheKD Posts: 2,674

Actually the fix was easy when I opened it after my coffee this morning. I had to select the middle claw mesh, show hidden properties, then scale it down to 0. I tried the geometry edit way last night, would have worked, if I didn't also need a geometry shell for the effect I was going for. Geometry shell still went over the invisible claw, even though I unchecked it from geoshell properties for some reason.

• TheKD said:

Actually the fix was easy when I opened it after my coffee this morning. I had to select the middle claw mesh, show hidden properties, then scale it down to 0. I tried the geometry edit way last night, would have worked, if I didn't also need a geometry shell for the effect I was going for. Geometry shell still went over the invisible claw, even though I unchecked it from geoshell properties for some reason.

Instead - use geometry editor to select middle claw - go to 'Geometry visibility' - 'Hide selected polys' - then 'Geometry editing' - 'delete hidden polys' (for future refererence ;) )

• TheKDTheKD Posts: 2,674
    edited January 2018

Instead - use geometry editor to select middle claw - go to 'Geometry visibility' - 'Hide selected polys' - then 'Geometry editing' - 'delete hidden polys' (for future refererence ;) )

Ah I should try and remember that! I usually do all my geo editing in another program, but it's kinda a pain to export, import for some small tweak like that, so I been messing with geo editor in studio more and more these days.

Post edited by TheKD on