when items come with texture templates?

MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

when items come with texture templates,

is that their way of encouraging peiole to make shader set add-ons for the item?

even alternate uvs laugh

thankssmiley

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

i would like other options than iray shader setssmiley

and uvs swapping opened up whole lotta options.

of course the ones i'm interested in doesnt have a template. >.<  

itchie to do a preset for carrara

https://www.daz3d.com/muscle-cars

tee hee

]

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,730
    Mistara said:

of course the ones i'm interested in doesnt have a template. >.<  

itchie to do a preset for carrara

You can usually extract the template with different software:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/51372/what-are-templates

• All products should include templates, which for current items should be downloads in the Product Library. As Taoz says it's simple enough to make your own if they are absent, though it's probably also opening a support ticket.

• You don't need a template if you want to use or make new shader presets for an item. You may need to make new material zones if the item does not have them as you would like. It is not required for PA brokered products to include texture templates.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    Mistara said:

when items come with texture templates,

is that their way of encouraging peiole to make shader set add-ons for the item?

even alternate uvs laugh

thankssmiley

There was a time (before I volunteered as a Mod)  when no one would have known my user name if it wasn't for texture templates and new textures for items.  I did make just a few textures.

edited January 2018

easiest for me personally, been using wings3d for yeeears now smiley to uv map.  make my own make up templates. 2nd skin bikinis and corsets.

skimpy vicki, not stuck in the temples  lol

Post edited by Mistara on
  • FaveralFaveral Posts: 415
    It's not always possible to have templates especially for large environments. We mostly have to rely on smaller tilable textures with tricks of the trade to hide the repetitions.Using custom 4k textures one per building would probably crash any computer on sets that have 30+ buildings. However cleverly used tiles can give really good results.

the u wraps is pain and agony   lol  aboo23