Just Installed Daz 4.10 Need Help

Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,320

I registered the program but now I want to stop it from accessing the internet since I used my friends internet to do this because I don't have internet at home.

Also I tried to update the plugins...as in went to add my serials and couldn't find out how to do that.  Only thing I can find is through Help to about Plugins and it lists them all but the only serial options to input was for animate2 and no way to add for the others.

Any help appreciated

EDIT: Guess I should download the plugins...lol  Now I need to know what I need to download as I have only downloaded the program and the four parts listed with it.  Do I still need all those other items I have serials for like the CCT, Multi Layer Image Editor and Texture Atlas or are this now included with the program?

Post edited by Faeryl Womyn on

Comments

• All of those are included - the plug-ins that come with DS are the Photoshop Bridge, GoZ, Decimator, and I think the Dynamic Clothing Control. Only The Dynamic Clothing Control and Decimator require serial numbers, the latter only if you don't have a paid for license for DS 4 Pro. All the other plug-ins that come with DS aer activated by the DS serial number.

DS will not connect to the internet without being told - by using Connect, or by participating in the optional Application Improvement programme. It does need an Internet Protocl connection tot alk to the PostgreSQL database, butt hat won't leave the local machine.

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,320

Ok so how do I add the serial for Dynamic Control when it won't give me that option? Yes I did buy it some years ago and have a serial for it.  Unless I am not in the right spot to add it but if it's the same as Daz 8 I am in the right spot.

The other question I just thought of...I can't use DForce, dont have an i5 or a graphics card for it, so I was wondering if I can still use the clothing with regular poses and actions or can they only work with DForce?

• Is the dynamic Clothing Conrol plug-in installed? If you launched all the isntallers (application and plug-ins) at the same time then the control plug-in will have downloaded and isntalled before DS, at which point the DS install would replace it with the base version. Try uninstalling and reinstalling the control plug-in, then relaunch DS and go to Help>About Installed Plug Ins to see if anything has changed.

Most dForce items are rigged as normal, so they should follow poses though of course they won't drape nicely. Some items however are not designed to follow the figure, acessories such as the scarf set for example, and I'd expect others to appear (a caftan or full-sleeved kimono for example might not be fully rigged).

Thanks for the dForce info. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the dynamic clothing control, didn't get an option to put in the serial though, could that be because I connected to the internet?  It's not saying basic anymore if that means anything.  When I opened the panel in Daz it has the wind option which is not present in the basic version.

• Are you sure you hadn't entered the serial number alrady in a previous version on that system? Anyway, it doesn't have a trial period as I recall so you should be good to go now if it's working.

I got it working, just tried the boyfriend sweater on Genesis and had the wind option so thank you for your help