Transfer Utility

I have constructed a test script. Said script pulls scene selected nodes as objects, let's call them object 1 and object 2.

So far, so good. Debug shows this part happens.

I then construct a transfer utility object using the default constructor. Call this oTransfer

Then a function, which takes as inputs object 1, object 2, and an array of morphs. Said fucntion uses the various set methods for DzTransferUtility on oTransfer. (say oTransfer.setFitToFigure( false );)

We then end with oTransfer.doTransfer()

The ScriptIDE says the script returns true for doTransfer. Nothing, however, happens. Debugging every part of the script is returning expected results so I assume I am not actually using DzTransferUtility as intended.

Am I supposed to be calling the TU action and passing it a settings object constructed using DzTransferUtility? I've been casting about the docs for a couple of days and I'm not seeing anything jump out at me. Not looking for a solution handed down as much as needing a pointer in the direction this is expected to go. I could be totally off base, but given that everything checks out, I'm assuming there's a step I'm not taking, or I am totally misusing the object/methods.

Comments

• And never mind that. Or at least skip my intial diagnosis.

The issue is not, as I thought that nothing is happenings. Nothing is visibily happening. I made two errors. The first, the array has the wrong data type in it. I fed it an array of morphs. It wants an array of morph names. Right then. The second error, I didn't try to fit the test result figure to the source. Had I not made the second error, I'd have worked out that the first error existed much sooner.

But this does raise a new question. If setParentToFigure Boolean yesNo ) and setFitToFigure Boolean yesNo ) are both true, shouldn't that actually happen? 

• DarkElfDarkElf Posts: 289

Hello SB. Could you please tell me where I can get your transfer utility? I very much want to transfer the morphs from my G3 characters to G8.

• Transfer Utility is part of the basic Daz Studio Package.

THe question above is nothing to do with aproduct. It's about using DazScript to send commands to Transfer Utility.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,149
    SetParentToFigure docs say "since 4.10.0.50". Are you using a version of DS at least at recent?
  • I am and was. 0.123 to be exact. But it's really all good. I've figured out that the answer to m second question wasn't relevant to what I was attempting to do.

I forgot I left this question "open."  I've done so much with TU at this point, I suspect if I ever need to figure it out now, I can on my own.