My attempts at Daz art

MegarigMegarig Posts: 88
edited December 1969 in Art Studio

Okay, I've been messing around with Daz now for a little while, and I thought it was time I share some of what I've done. I'll try to start with the first stuff I did and then go to some things I've made recently. Bear in mind that I only have the Genesis figure, and I recently got Aiko 3. Also, I only have the clothes that came with the program, so right now I have to use what I've got. I've downloaded some props, scenes and sets, but I've tried to do the best with what I have. Some may notice that I haven't done anything with the render settings. I've just been trying to get the hang of doing lighting and shadow.

Anyway, here you go -

This is the very first thing I did:

Knock_Out.jpg
799 x 449 - 201K

Comments

• MegarigMegarig Posts: 88
    edited December 1969

Here is a close up version I did so I could get a better look at the rendered figures:

Knock_Out_Close.jpg
    800 x 566 - 229K
    edited December 1969

The floating figure here was actually a mistake, but I thought it looked cool, given that I used the alien head morph:

Live_Long.jpg
    799 x 449 - 214K
    edited December 1969

Here, I've used the same setting, but I wanted to see if I could get away with using multiple figures:

Hide_and_Seek.jpg
    800 x 600 - 298K
    edited December 1969

Here is one of the sets I got, and again we have our alien figure. Leave it to an alien to usurp our smartphone technology, LOL!

Reticulan_Theory_Inc.jpg
    711 x 468 - 158K
    edited December 1969

I decided to try the dragon with this one. I've scaled him down, obviously, but I think the effect is still there. This was actually my own variation on the "Dragonslayer" scene.

Sword_V_Dragon.jpg
    800 x 600 - 322K
    edited June 2012

This is another set I got, and I decided to give Aiko a try as well. My only issue with this one is Genesis' shadow on the wall. It just looks like some weird blob floating on the wall. I've done about 5 different versions of this, just trying to get the lighting right.

Genesis_Vs_Aiko.jpg
    800 x 500 - 206K
    Post edited by Megarig on
    edited December 1969

I just finished this one tonight. I thought I'd try my hand at a sky and extra stuff for the background.

May_I_Join_You.jpg
    770 x 616 - 262K