Bookmark Plug-in for DS 4.6+

CrimsonMagicCrimsonMagic Posts: 129
edited December 1969 in Product Suggestions

I have a big runtime and it's still a pain (even with SmartContent) to find, remember and browse to runtime items.
Indeed the (repeated) search for items in the runtime is for me the biggest kill-joy.

What I would like to have is a DS bookmark plug-in in the style of the Bookmark Panel of the Opera Browser.

I could imagine the following requirements:
- DS bookmark pane (like Opera Bookmark panel)
- add bookmarks via context menu in the SmartContent/ContentLibrary pane
- add bookmarks via drag&drop; from the SmartContent/ContentLibrary pane onto the bookmark pane
- cut, copy, paste, rename, sort and rearrange bookmarks
- add comments to bookmarks
- bookmarks shall have a context menu to load/apply the item and browse to the ContentLibrary
- all bookmarks shall be saved in a single XHTML or XML file (e.g. for easy backup)
- ... there'd sure be more ;-)

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

You can use Categories to arrange your content in any way you like. You can add as few or as many Categories as you need.

• CrimsonMagicCrimsonMagic Posts: 129
    edited December 1969

You can use Categories to arrange your content in any way you like. You can add as few or as many Categories as you need.

I would prefer a CMS independent solution.
    If CMS goes nuts all the hard work is lost LOL

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Content DB Maintenance in the Content Library drop-down, then select Export User Data, that saves the Categories you have created, and they can be loaded back in again. I recently got rid of my databases entirely after moving to 4.6, and it worked perfectly, so there is no reason to lose the data you have created, just a thought.

• CrimsonMagicCrimsonMagic Posts: 129
    edited December 1969

Sorry, I already had a closer look at the Categories topic and came to the conclusion that it's not suitable for me.

I still think that a cool Bookmark plug-in would be of great help to manage content.