Need some stats: how many GB of content you've got installed? Please read the post!

Chanteur-de-VentChanteur-de-Vent Posts: 566
edited January 2018 in The Commons

Hi all,

I'm making a categorizing script, which (ideally) would help categorize old DAZ content, that is still in old Poser folder format. Obviously, the script running time depends on your library size. Mine is rather small, so I need some statistics for that, namely how much do people have content installed on the average. I would really appreciate if you could help me out and share some info (I promise not to tell your espouse about it wink).  

What I need know: how many GB of OLD FORMAT POSER/LEGACY ONLY content you've got installed in the following folder - YourContentFolder/Runtime/Libraries

Or, as ChangelingChick rightfully pointed out:
In old Poser content setup, directories were thus:

• Base Folder
    • Runtime
      • Geometries
      • LIBRARIES
      • Python
      • Textures

The size of LIBRARIES is the only thing that is needed. The rest of the content directory/hard drive/etc isn't important.

Thank you!

Post edited by Chanteur-de-Vent on

Comments

• 141gb installed, and probably an equal amount languishing on my external wating till I get a better/larger system.

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140

I'm currently in the process of putting all my content on an external drive because it's taking nearly all the space on the drive I had it on...lol. In order to regain more space for my software, I had to do this. Hope that gives you an idea of how huge my content folders are getting o.O

Laurie

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,685
    edited January 2018

1.68 TB; just moved to a 3TB (actually, 2.72) drive. But that includes zips from DIM. I just re-read your requirements. And I can't get that info at the moment.

I have my older content categorised into 40+ folders; thus, the figures you request are far too labour-intensitive for me to access. 

Post edited by xyer0 on
  • Just in Runtime Libraries - so not the geometry or textures is 80 gigs.

I'm sure much more if I look at everything else, but just the user facing poser files is 80

LM

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,760

I can't look at it right now, but I should point out that I currently have three active main runtime folders, as well as several others that I'll bring online for some projects.  Would you want the runtime/libraries info for each?  

• Cybersox, whatever is mapped in your Poser content in DAZ. If all of them, then all of them. :)

• XtraDimensionalXtraDimensional Posts: 509
    edited January 2018

Edit: I really don't have time to go and look in every separate runtime folder in my 6 different runtimes and see how big the libraries folders are. Soz.

Post edited by XtraDimensional on
  • Geminii23Geminii23 Posts: 1,327

I have about 300Gb between DAZ and 3rd Party Runtimes.

• People, thank you all for posting, but the huge numbers makes me really suspect you check only the "Runtime" folder, not "Runtime/Libraries". The latter one is much smaller. 

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945

I have a few Poser Runtimes, based on their source. Under the runtime/libraries folder they are:

3.75GB

736MB

22.8GB

7.52MB

• JessaiiJessaii Posts: 845

I have a few runtimes setup but under Runtimes/Libraries i have:

2.08MB

60.3GB

1.29GB

79.7MB

• TheKDTheKD Posts: 2,674

0 here, I have no old stuff installed lol

edited January 2018

My Poser specific files, that I link to from within DS to an external set of multiple runtimes is 80.6 gigs. It would be difficult for me to give you the combined size of the Runtime/Libraries as I have over 20 different runtime folders.

Laurie

Post edited by AllenArt on
    edited January 2018
    AllenArt said:

My Poser specific files, that I link to from within DS to an external set of multiple runtimes is 80.6 gigs.

Laurie

Just the stuff in Runtime/LIbraries. So no geometries, no textures. Just cr2s, hr2s, pz2s, etc. I am impressed i thought i had alot :D

Post edited by Jessaii on
  • IvyIvy Posts: 7,153
    edited January 2018

This is how i have my content drives set up.  I've been using daz a long time and I use Daz Studio for animation so setting up content like this makes it more convenient for my use when creating animation and content storage 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Main internal SSD  drive C:/  -1TB SSD  Daz content folder. 1.2 gbs large -  houses All software, plugins , DATA folder  ,custom characters and scene presets, lights, shaders & textures.

Poser runtime Internal 2TB  USB3  drive G:/ 692gbs large. Poser and older Daz, content files only.

External HHD 3TB  ,USB3  drive F:/  6.7 gbs large for Daz Studio  HDRi, environment & props, vehicles,    plus 2 - 25 gig thumb drives full for bill board props water panes only.

External HHD 3TB  USB3 drive H:/ 1.9TB's large , genesis characters 1,2,3, and their clothing. plus hair &  props.  (I have not bothered with starting on genesis 8  that will properly be a new HHD drive.)

External HHD 2TB  USB3 drive K:/  at the moment is 498 mbs, This is my work horse drive.  for current Projects & Animations creation only.   The only stuff I stored on here is for project use only. and is usually shortly removed after a project is complete.

And like everyone else I also keep 2 - 3TB drives just for back ups & storage.  of everything

Post edited by Ivy on
  • ChangelingChickChangelingChick Posts: 3,025
    edited January 2018

• Base Folder
      • Runtime
        • Geometries
        • LIBRARIES
        • Python
        • Textures

The size of LIBRARIES is the only thing she needs to know. The rest of the content directory/hard drive/etc isn't important.

Post edited by ChangelingChick on

Well, I know I'm not gonna look thru 20+ different runtimes and then record and add up every Libraries folder....lol. I'm in the middle of reinstalling my Daz Studio content :P

Laurie

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,319

'Runtime' folders = 744 GB

'Runtime/Libraries' folders = 120 GB

• TomDowdTomDowd Posts: 197

DAZ/MyLibrary/Runtime/Libraries - 18 GB
    Poser/Runtime/Libraries - 60.2 GB

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

How do I find that information?  I just know I have a lot.

• Poser 5/Runtime/Libraries = 4.3 GB

Poser 7/Runtime/Libraries = 23.1GB

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

My "Libraries" folder is 2.77gb. I have very little poser content installed tho. 

How do I find that information?  I just know I have a lot.

With Windows, If you browse to where you have your content installed, browse to Runtime/Libraries and right click on the Libraries folder and select properties it will calculate the size :) 

• Noah LGPNoah LGP Posts: 2,557
    edited January 2018

Only 249 MB of Renderosity/Evilnnocence content (18 products).

Post edited by Noah LGP on
  • SoneSone Posts: 84

My Li berries folders are

13.1 GB

6.14 GB

199 MB

• PekenPeken Posts: 37

DAZ 3D/My Library/Runtime/Libraries - 68GB

• kaotkblisskaotkbliss Posts: 2,914

I'm at 27.3 GB in runtime/libraries

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,760

Cybersox, whatever is mapped in your Poser content in DAZ. If all of them, then all of them. :)

That ended up being a bit too time consuming to compile, so here are the numbers for my largest library folder, which is Studio/My Library 2/Runtime/libraries  

125 GB (size on disc 127 GB) 800,994 Files, 27,653 Folders

And yes, that’s JUST the libraries folder, the runtime folder it's in is 828 GB (size on disc 831 GB) 1,283,080 Files, 48,941 Folders and the total My Library 2 folder is a svelte 1.25 TB (1.26 TB on disc) 2,755,179 Files, 343,145 Folders 

Most of the other libraries are a good bit smaller, with the next largest being Studio/My Library 1/runtime/libraries, which is a much more modest – 20.3 GB 63,915 Files, 2,994 Folders  There are three or four about that size, including Poser SM Figure content and another oldie that's mainly stuff that stopped working after DS3 was replaced by DS4.

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,063

45 GB. Shortly after DIM came out I blew everything away and re-downloaded just the Studio format for items with both.

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,153
    edited January 2018

• Base Folder
      • Runtime
        • Geometries
        • LIBRARIES
        • Python
        • Textures

The size of LIBRARIES is the only thing she needs to know. The rest of the content directory/hard drive/etc isn't important

Ivy said:

This is how i have my content drives set up.  I've been using daz a long time and I use Daz Studio for animation so setting up content like this makes it more convenient for my use when creating animation and content storage 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Main internal SSD  drive C:/  -1TB SSD  Daz content folder. 1.2 gbs large -  houses All software, plugins , DATA folder  ,custom characters and scene presets, lights, shaders & textures.

Poser runtime Internal 2TB  USB3  drive G:/ 692gbs large. Poser and older Daz, content files only.

External HHD 3TB  ,USB3  drive F:/  6.7 gbs large for Daz Studio  HDRi, environment & props, vehicles,    plus 2 - 25 gig thumb drives full for bill board props water panes only.

External HHD 3TB  USB3 drive H:/ 1.9TB's large , genesis characters 1,2,3, and their clothing. plus hair &  props.  (I have not bothered with starting on genesis 8  that will properly be a new HHD drive.)

External HHD 2TB  USB3 drive K:/  at the moment is 498 mbs, This is my work horse drive.  for current Projects & Animations creation only.   The only stuff I stored on here is for project use only. and is usually shortly removed after a project is complete.

And like everyone else I also keep 2 - 3TB drives just for back ups & storage.  of everything

I stand by my statement. I have a runtime library folder. But I have other active daz/poser content folders that are not  in the runtime but are non the less still active content files on external HHD drives

1.JPG
    812 x 799 - 83K
    2.JPG
    1024 x 834 - 120K
    3.JPG
    1602 x 753 - 162K
    Post edited by Ivy on