[Released] Orlean's Armor from ZKuro

ZKuroZKuro Posts: 714
edited January 2018 in Daz PA Commercial Products

Hi, here you have yet, another heavy armor which may, or may not have a masculine counter-part in the future.

As you can see, has greaves with sabatons included, cuisses, faulds, belt, a breastplate, gauntlets, elbows, bracers, and big pauldrons, as for not plate thingies, has a cape, a shield, and a sword. Love swords, and seems that is the weapon of preference of everyone, but will use different ones in coming armors.

Would like also say that, I've been thinking on doing some a heavy armor, but not so massive as in plate coverage.

Now to this armor, that will be on the market before you know it, comes in three colors: Ancient Gold, Ancient Silver, Silver-Gold, each one with it's own material for the sword and the shield, but, as you can see one the material sections on the image, you can use whatever shader/color you have, or interchange colors by loading two, everyone with the materials, and select the pieces, copy mat, and paste mat, done!

The cape come with control poses, and all three of them has a standard version (without embroidery)

For the first time, I made a blade of a sword made of Damascus metal. Not a fan of it, but I know that a lot of people like it, so I decided to use it on one, and damn!!, it look really nice, in fact, at least for me, is the best looking one. From not being my thing to using it on the main promo image!!

Main.jpg
800 x 1040 - 747K
popup_05.jpg
800 x 1040 - 441K
popup_01.jpg
800 x 1040 - 644K
popup_07.jpg
800 x 1040 - 692K
popup_08 copy.jpg
800 x 615 - 339K
popup_06.jpg
800 x 1040 - 616K
popup_10.jpg
615 x 800 - 266K
popup_11.jpg
800 x 615 - 382K
popup_09.jpg
800 x 1040 - 565K
popup_12.jpg
1040 x 800 - 417K
Post edited by ZKuro on

Comments

• Looks great! I hope you do a male version as well.

• Not a fan of Damascus steel? My inner Iñigo Montoya is crying for revenge. As usual. He has some issues.

• ZKuroZKuro Posts: 714

Looks great! I hope you do a male version as well.

Thanks and I would to see what could come from a male version.

Uthgard said:

Not a fan of Damascus steel? My inner Iñigo Montoya is crying for revenge. As usual. He has some issues.

Not a fan until now, the sword looks really good!, in deed, the best blade of all is the Damascus one. I will be using it more on my projects.

• ConnaticConnatic Posts: 279

I would have bought this if there was a non-hiheels version of the boots.

• SigurdSigurd Posts: 1,084

I would agree with Connatic. The armour is very well done but the heels killed it for me. I love the work and detail on the rest of the set but I do not have any footwear that would work with this outfit.

Top marks for the sword and the gauntlets!

Next female armor, maybe will not use high heels,  but dunno when will be that, It takes me a lot if time doing armors like this.

In the meanwhile, I can almost confirm so far, that there will be a male version one, if all goes like it shoulf it is.

And, thank you for you constructive critique. I have to come up with something. A lot of customers like these armors in high-heels, so we'll see what I do.

• ZKuro said:

Next female armor, maybe will not use high heels,  but dunno when will be that, It takes me a lot if time doing armors like this.

In the meanwhile, I can almost confirm so far, that there will be a male version one, if all goes like it shoulf it is.

And, thank you for you constructive critique. I have to come up with something. A lot of customers like these armors in high-heels, so we'll see what I do.

I'm also not a fan of the high heels or the bared belly. I tend to like more realistic armor, fantasy or historical. Still, this is a very good armor set and if I can find boots to replace the high heels with and some kind of chain mail option for the belly I'll likely snag it in the next day or two.

• ConnaticConnatic Posts: 279
    ZKuro said:

I'm also not a fan of the high heels or the bared belly. I tend to like more realistic armor, fantasy or historical. Still, this is a very good armor set and if I can find boots to replace the high heels with and some kind of chain mail option for the belly I'll likely snag it in the next day or two.

The belly is not too hard to cover.  You could probably make a geometry shell and apply a mail or plate texture or shader.  Leather would work, too.  There simply aren't many flat-heel boots available for Genesis 8.  I don't like to have 2 characters with the same style. There's a product that would sell - customizable fantasy boots with flat heels.  Have some height adjustments, maybe some add-on kneel-pads/armor and some spurs.  This and a usable scabbard/belt/harness that stays in place during animation, my 2 most-needed items!

I would also like to use an uber realistic scabbard with all the straps, and such, problem is that it lies on the hip, and that zone has so, so many bones that could potentially deform it even using.. only way is making  (that I know) the scabbard and part of the straps props-, that way will stay in shape like the faulds or pauldrons with this armor.

For the chainmail, didn't think about it, make the shirt until the hips, and use alphas, but now, you can just use the tops or full if that cause clipping/issues, of a body suit, one without deco, or deco just on normal map, and use a chainmail shader on it!

So, just for you to know, I'm finishing the Sabaton of the male version, the boot is converted to a Greave plus Sabaton, so from now on, I will have the base to add both versions on female armors I suppose.

Also, I've taken note about the not bared belly

Sigurd said:

Top marks for the sword and the gauntlets!

Thank you, I really appreciate it, even if you don't buy it :P

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,133
    edited January 2018

I like the look of the armour pieces, cape and sword too, but I have more than enough female armour (for various generations) for my needs. I am though really interested in the male version (can't have too much of that) so I very much look forward to it.

Post edited by MelanieL on
    MelanieL said:

I like the look of the armour pieces, cape and sword too, but I have more than enough female armour (for various generations) for my needs. I am though really interested in the male version (can't have too much of that) so I very much look forward to it.

It will take "some" time yet, as I'm finishing the low poly version, and after that, there is a lot of things to do. But rest assured, either if it's a month, or two, it will hit the store, I'm really excited about this one.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,552

I do lots of fantasy warrior women images and love outfits that I can use various parts for kitbashing. This outfit looks great, love the detail. the selling point for me if the chest armor WITH THE BARE BELLY! I don't want historically correct armor, I want fanstasy armor. I like heels on the boots, just not spike heels. maybe a cowboy cut type of heel with armor over it. I too, would love a realistic scabbard and belt also. The one in the Kadis set gets over used to much because it is the only one out there, LOL

Not a fan of the shield design or the use of the French fleur-de-lis on the outfit itself since it is too specific in design and meaning and thus limits the uses

look forward to the release as I can see lots of use for the parts above the waist.

You mean the release of this female version? is on the store since Friday 12th :) .

The Fleur de lis is because I liked a lot since I was a child, and when I get my hand on a product that had it, I thought about making it the main icon, hence the shield design.

With the male version thou, don't know what to know about the shield/weapon.

Historically accurate, don't think that I'd do one, (maybe, a male version of the Spartan Armor, or something like of that Era, which would be historically correct) I'm just talking more about, one armor with bare belly as an option, and the heels too, maybe cowboy and flat versions, or high-flat..

What I only know for sure, is that I will never do an armor that pleases everyone wink

ZKuro said:

You mean the release of this female version? is on the store since Friday 12th :) .

The Fleur de lis is because I liked a lot since I was a child, and when I get my hand on a product that had it, I thought about making it the main icon, hence the shield design.

With the male version thou, don't know what to know about the shield/weapon.

Historically accurate, don't think that I'd do one, (maybe, a male version of the Spartan Armor, or something like of that Era, which would be historically correct) I'm just talking more about, one armor with bare belly as an option, and the heels too, maybe cowboy and flat versions, or high-flat..

What I only know for sure, is that I will never do an armor that pleases everyone wink

Pretty much goes for any product, not pleasing everyone, LOL

When I click the link in your sig, your store doesn't show the new set

storepage.jpg
    1575 x 922 - 885K
  • LeanaLeana Posts: 11,013

When I click the link in your sig, your store doesn't show the new set

That's weird, I see it there... Might be a cache problem.

Here's the direct link: https://www.daz3d.com/orlean-s-armor-for-genesis-8-female-s

Thanks Leana, that is odd. I did click on the link again for ZKuro's store and the thumb flashed for a second and then I got what I originally posted again. makes wonder what other items I might be missing in the store.

Thanks for the link, I am off to show my support and purchase!

I have that error, but not for the latest product, but the whole store, just when I'm logged though. As a PA I can click on a "hide my products" button, I unclick it, a flash also, and all appear. Then for instance, go to the forum, go back to my store, a flash, and all dissapear, and I have to click on the button, which is already checked, I click it two times and puff!, all again ^^

Thanks Leana, that is odd. I did click on the link again for ZKuro's store and the thumb flashed for a second and then I got what I originally posted again. makes wonder what other items I might be missing in the store.

Thanks for the link, I am off to show my support and purchase!

Thanks Leana for explaining it, and thank you for your support FSMCDesings!!