I need some help

Knight22179Knight22179 Posts: 1,195
edited December 1969 in New Users

I'm making a texture for the Genesis Morphing Fantasy dress. I want to make it available as a freebie. Thing is, I have no idea how to package it so users can download it, unzip it to Daz Studio, point and click and it automatically loads the texture, any trans maps I'll have, etc.

Can anyone help me please?

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

I thought there was a tutorial on just that, at ShareCG recently, but I can't find it now.

I am sure you will get help soon, I'm sure I could figure most of it out for you, but it would be better to wait for somebody like wilmap or Sickleyield who would know for sure. Just hang on for a bit.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,738
    edited December 1969

Set up a new, empty folder and place your textures in \Runtime\Textures\somefolder. Apply those textures to the dress, in place of wherever they are now (especially if they aren't in a content directory at all). Save a Materials preset (File>Save as), .duf in DS 4.5+ if you are willing to restrict use to that version or .dsa if not (File>Save as>Deprecated) and place it, presumably, in \People\Figurename\Clothing\MFD\Materials\Somefolder. Write a readme, at least with copyright/usage notice and a note of what the item is, and place that in the content directory. Now select the readme, the Runtime folder and the People folder and zip them up (Send to Compresed folders if you don't have a real zip utility). Upload that zip to your chosen file host and post a link.

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

Just chiming in for a quick question as I've never actually looked. Saving mat presets save the location in relation to My Library and not the full explorer browser path, correct?

IE the preset will look for textures directly in \People\Figurename\Clothing\MFD\Materials\Somefolder and not let's say F:\Daz Studio\My Library\etc. ?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

If you save it in a mapped content folder, the paths will be relative to that content folder. If you save outside the mapped content folders, it will use full paths.