Beauty toes and fingers morphs for G3 on G8

Hi all!

Recently I tried converting the awesome beauty toes and fingers morphs for G3 to G8. But I have to say, the result is pretty poor. I've attached two pics. The G3BF one shows how the morphs look on G3, the G8BF one shows how these same morphs look on G8. I rendered both figures in exactly the same pose, with exactly the same morphs in exactly the same place, with identical lighting and SubD level. The difference is huge... On G8 it's like they didn't apply at all... I have no idea why... Also the pose and the skin texture show slight differences even though I applied the same sets to both figures. Is there any way of getting these morphs on G8 to look (way) more like they look on G3? Is there perhaps a G3 morph for G8 that you need to apply to the G8 figure so it looks exactly like the base G3 figure before you start applying any other morphs? I realy want to get these morphs working like they should do on G8 too.

Thanks a lot,

Me 

G3BF.JPG
1132 x 857 - 54K
G8BF.JPG
1038 x 839 - 47K

Comments

• Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581

If they are HD morphs, those wouldn't transfer to another model. Only the PA tool can create HD morphs on a figure.

• G8 has different foot bones. Are you 100% sure that is actually the same pose? I suspect you need to make a bend by hand in the G8 version.

The other alternative as M3D says is that a large part of the reshaping was done in the HD morph rather than the base morph as it should have been.

• Hi! Thanls for the replies!

I'm quite sure it's the same pose as I took this from a pose pack that offers the same set of poses for both G3 and G8. This is a combo of both a "regular" morph and a HD morph. What is the PA Tool?

• TheKDTheKD Posts: 2,674

A super secret tool only available to vendors. It performs some kind of daz voodoo that projects morphs with micro detail into the figure.

I'm quite sure it's the same pose as I took this from a pose pack that offers the same set of poses for both G3 and G8.

That seriously doesn't matter, people auto-convert those. Look how the angle on your heels aren't lining up. And check out this thread to see how bending can change the shape of the foot: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/218401/g8-ankle-bends-am-i-the-only-one

Does this major difference still show up if they are in default pose?

• Thanks for the reply! So the HD part won' t transfer. Got it. Yet I dare say that the result for the "regular" morph is pretty poor too. If you look at the difference in shape of the heel for instance... That would be a very impressive HD morph to cause all that just in HD... Is there anything else that could be holding the effect of a G3 transeferd morph back on G8? (like rigging or something else?)

Thanks a lot,

Me

• Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited January 2018

The angles of the legs and feet could be the issue when projected between the figures. If you have a program that makes normal maps you could see about exporting the G3 subd figure (with the HD morphs) to a program like zbrush and create normal maps and apply them to G8. The shape should be fairly correct then.

Post edited by Male-M3dia on

I'm quite sure it's the same pose as I took this from a pose pack that offers the same set of poses for both G3 and G8.

That seriously doesn't matter, people auto-convert those. Look how the angle on your heels aren't lining up. And check out this thread to see how bending can change the shape of the foot: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/218401/g8-ankle-bends-am-i-the-only-one

Does this major difference still show up if they are in default pose?

Thanks a lot for the reply! I did a test again and this is the result! Looks very similar now indeed! :) To do this, except of course for the metatarsals bone, I also used the joint editor to "adjust the rigging to shape" for both the hands and feet. That also "allowed" the morphs on the fingers and toes to come through. On this subject: is there a way to save an "adjust rigging to shape" preset? Because now I had to uncheck everything in both the facegroups and the bones menu except the feet and hands (and toes and fingers). Or can I just save the genesis 8 figure as a character now, with this "altered rigging"? Or must I re-apply this "adjust rigging to shape" after every pose change?

Thanks a lot,

Me

G8MT.JPG
    1156 x 887 - 56K
  • You can save that adjusted G8 if you want. You can also use ERC Freeze to make a new morph that dials the rigging adjustments. I think SickleYield has a video on this.
  • Thanks a lot!!!

• So just to be sure: If I save that G8 figure as a xharacter or a scene subset, it will also save the rigging, yes? I won't have to re-apply that rigging adjustment every time I change the pose, correct?

Thanks a lot,

Me