best software?

What is the best software for creating buildings? props?

Is it possible to import something created on like Sketchup into Daz?

Comments

• What is the best software for creating buildings? props?

Is it possible to import something created on like Sketchup into Daz?

I'd recommend Hexagon, since you can send them directly into DAZ Studio via a built-in bridge.
  • The short answer is the one you feel most comofortable with, out of those you can afford.

DS will import OBJ, FBX, and Collada - I'm not sure if the free SketchUp will write to any of those but if not there are converters.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,322

The short answer is the one you feel most comofortable with, out of those you can afford.

DS will import OBJ, FBX, and Collada - I'm not sure if the free SketchUp will write to any of those but if not there are converters.

Only the paid version of Sketchup will export to obj. However, after the 30 day pro trial period that is included with the free version expires there are free 3rd  party plugins that will allow you to export to obj: https://extensions.sketchup.com/en/content/lipid-obj-exporter-sketchup

• ghastlycomicghastlycomic Posts: 2,528

Sketchup is great for making background buildings. But unfortumately it does a terrible job exporting as OBJs because the software uses Booleans to create the geometry and they do not always optimize well when exporting as OBJs. You're really best off using Hexagon or another vertex modeller and creating buildings with the proper geometry in the first place.

Now if you're making background buildings I have a very simple low poly kit on ShareCG for making simple background buildings. https://www.sharecg.com/v/86235/view/21/DAZ-Studio/Ghastlys-10-Metre-Cube-Architecture-Kit

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,837

I do not know, which software is the best for creating buildings and props, because it depends on what the user can create with it.

For creating buildings, I look for simplicity of creating them, so I like automated generators of architectural items.

Many programs have such possibilities, including Blender 3D, different assets in Unity store (BuildR, Archimatix Pro, ProBuilder).