Luxus not present in my list of RENDER engines.

YamanekoYamaneko Posts: 52

I just purchased Luxus, and I am excited about putting it to work.

However, according to the online documentation: http://docs.daz3d.com/lib/exe/fetch.php/public/read_me/index/15891/15891_luxus-manual.pdf

I should be able to find the option of "LuxRender via Luxus" in the Render Engine section, but it's not there. Any clue as to what I can do?

I am using Windows 64, Daz Studio 4.6, and I have installed the appropriate version of LuxRender.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Post edited by Yamaneko on

Comments

• SloshSlosh Posts: 2,391
    edited December 1969

I just purchased Luxus, and I am excited about putting it to work.

However, according to the online documentation: http://docs.daz3d.com/lib/exe/fetch.php/public/read_me/index/15891/15891_luxus-manual.pdf

I should be able to find the option of "LuxRender via Luxus" in the Render Engine section, but it's not there. Any clue as to what I can do?

I am using Windows 64, Daz Studio 4.6, and I have installed the appropriate version of LuxRender.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Where did you look? It should be, if installed properly, in a drop-down box that says "3delight" by default. Otherwise, it's possible that the plug-in is not registered properly. Check in Help:About Installed Plugins. Maybe just needs your registration number, I can't remember from when I installed.

• YamanekoYamaneko Posts: 52
    edited December 1969

Thanks for taking the time to help out.

The drop-down menu with 3D Delight is exactly where I looked, but it wasn't there.

The other Luxus stuff- shaders and light settings- are in my content library, so somethings got installed.

I will check out the Help with Installed Plugins that you recommended.

Thanks agian.

• YamanekoYamaneko Posts: 52
    edited May 2013

I just ran the exe file from my product library.

Now it's there. I guess I just got used to the Daz installer doing all that!

Cheers

Post edited by Yamaneko on
  • SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Did you point Luxus to the Luxrender Exe first in the Render Setting at the very top of the Lux settings in Daz Studio.