Downloads

ppuck17ppuck17 Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

I am just getting started with 3D and took advantage of the great sale from Daz today.
Do I download ALL the files that are listed for each title in my Product Library?

Thanks,
Preston

Comments

• markboylanmarkboylan Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I am a relative newbie. Here is the small amount of wisdom I have gained in 2 months. Use Daz Install Manager (DIM) whenever you can. It does most of the work. Very useful. It normally knows what files to load. Watch out for poser files. Some content comes with a Daz version and a Poser version. Unless you are using Poser you don't need to have both. It just gets confusing with two sets of content, one of which may be incompatible. In DIM you can "HIDE" content you don't plan to download and install, so all my Poser content gets hidden right away.

Meanwhile some older content will not appear in DIM. You will need to load that manually from Product Library. This is the edge of my knowledge. I have yet to make a good inventory of where all my content is to know where to save it using Product Library downloads.

Good luck!

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

The easiest way is to use the DAZ3D Install Manager -- you can filter for just the software that you use. Otherwise:

Legacy means it's for an older version of DS (before 4.5)
    StudioCF (Companion File) means it just has DS material presets to apply to the Poser version
    PoserCF means it just has Poser presets to load the DS version

Versions with the DIM badge are zips -- they can be used in DIM or extracted manually.

Exe's are Windows installers, they'll have matching zip or sit files with the Mac installers.

• ppuck17ppuck17 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thanks for your help. I'm downloading as I type.

Does PS indicate Poser?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Yes, PS means Poser