Shadows gone for good?..

Hi!

I was enjoying my Daz (latest version) and all, until I messed the Render settings, presumably Environment settings, and now voila, I get no shadows at all - no matter with default scene, with lighting preset, with headlamp on or off, with light sources moved around. 

Shadows are virtually gone. 

Reset to default - nothing changed. Halp! 

Comments

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,991

Can you post your render settings? I.E. if you accidently changed from Iray to 3Delight?

Iray always does shadows. Also, are you talking about shadows on the ground, or shdows figures throw on each other? If it's only the ground, and you have no mesh ground, check if the "Draw Ground" option is set to "On".

• VadisVadis Posts: 15

Thank you for the reply! 

I positively use Iray with settings set to Default by clicking the Default button. 

Draw Ground set to On; Ground Shadows Intensity does nothing.

To my great dismay, this also seems to happen on certain projects (same settings); shadows do render when i create a new project, but then there's another calamity: they don't react on lighting sources surprise

I really have to investigate this more.  

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,991

What light sources are you using? Are the lights you are using for Iray, or 3Delight? The latter won't gove you light, or shadow, so that the only light would come from the default HDRI.

When you use the default value for Iray, you'll usually loose the HDRI that is plugged in as light source in the Environment setting. You'll need to plug that in again, or you'll render with sun/sky, and that might give you the sunlight from a different direction than you expect.

Again, if the problem arises, make some screen shots of the light and render settings you are using. I'm not very good with devination. wink