Eye Problems

I loaded the G8F figure, didn't alter a single thing, then did a spot render and got this garbage, wtf?

Comments

• AntausAntaus Posts: 41
    edited January 2018

I think Daz Studio might be applying the eye texture wrong, I'm not sure. If it is I have no idea how to fix it. I've tried restarting the program, reinstalling, changing eye materials using different characters, 3d and iray. What in the hell is going on? I can't do anything like this and it's starting to piss me off because I can't fix it!

Eyeball without textures, what's the deal with this white ring? I think that's the problem, but I don't know how to get rid of it.

Post edited by Antaus on
  • It won't render properly unless you use a camera view, because you need to turn off the camera headlamp and you can't do that with the standard viewports.
  • It won't render properly unless you use a camera view, because you need to turn off the camera headlamp and you can't do that with the standard viewports.

Render Settings>Editor Tab>General group, set Auto Headlamp to Never. That will turn the headlamp off for the perspective View and for any camera which hasn't been given a local override.

Headlamp thing didn't work

• Are you using Iray or 3Delight to render?

3Delight

• SteveM17SteveM17 Posts: 971

Look in the textures tab and see if that model has a texture called eye moisture or something similar, reduce the opacity on that might work (it worked for me when using a gen 3 model not long ago).

• Genesis 8 has Iray materials, so I would not expect optimal results rendering in 3Delight. There is a free script that will covnert Iray to 3Delight, though I'm not sure it has been updated to handle the new features of the Iray Uber Base shader used for Genesis 8.

• Same problem here, exactly. I don't own an Iray-capable computer, just a laptop with a basic video card where the simplest of renderings lasts forever and anything more comples shuts the computer down because of overheating, so 3Delight (which works flawlessly) is the only option for me. This wasn't happening, it has just started to appear recently (I haven't changed anything that I'm aware of), and I have months of work here which are now useless if I can't find a solution for this. Please help!!! :(((

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,151

Same problem here, exactly. I don't own an Iray-capable computer, just a laptop with a basic video card where the simplest of renderings lasts forever and anything more comples shuts the computer down because of overheating, so 3Delight (which works flawlessly) is the only option for me. This wasn't happening, it has just started to appear recently (I haven't changed anything that I'm aware of), and I have months of work here which are now useless if I can't find a solution for this. Please help!!! :(((

You may want to look at this https://www.daz3d.com/rssy-iray-to-3delight-converter-and-merchant-resource

It's also on sale, though not sure how long.