Why am I seeing this on all of my scaled figures now?

Something has changed all my figures in DAZ. Now on all my scaled figures I see this symbol which looks like a figure 8 next to the lock icon on the scale slider.

If I hover over it, it says "click here to toggle whether this property overrides any controllers". I have no idea what that means or why its showing up all of a sudden. I've never seen this before in over 2 years using DS. On top of that, I can't even tell which way is toggled. There is no explanation what it does or which way is on or off.

Did something I install add this new property to scale?

what is this2.JPG
385 x 100 - 14K

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,818
    edited January 2018

You mean the chain icon? That's been there for a long time - it indicates that the property has ERC links from another property, clicking once changes it to a broken chain icon (only local setting applies), clicking a second time returns it to a full chain (value is determind by local and remote settings). It isn't just scale, it can appear on any property that supports ERC.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • FrankTheTankFrankTheTank Posts: 1,131

I don't quite follow what you mean about local and remote

Typically I'll scale my female figures down to 90% or so because I find most default figure sizes ridiculously huge for real world, and then I'll use the lock icon so the scale doesn't change accidentally. I guess I never noticed the chain icon before tonight. But then I used a pose tonight for a flamethrower, and it asked if I wanted to allow it to override limits. I seldom use bougt poses, so I said yes. And I think that screwed everything up because the scale of my figure changed after that and I noticed the icon was showing up after that.

Is that normal for store bought poses to screw up your figure like that? Thats a real PITA. I'm glad I usually just make my own poses.

• A pose shouldn't usually affect the settings on the figure node at all, so no it shouldn't reset the scaling. If it's from Daz please bug report it.

The figure scale is just that - it scales the whole model uniformly, it isn't remotely driving the bone scales. it may in its turn be driven by some character shapes (e.g. Teen Josie in one incarnation, as I recall) and breaking the chain would stop that from happening (useful if creating clothes or morphs).

• FrankTheTankFrankTheTank Posts: 1,131

Yes, its from the Daz store. I'll test the rest of the poses that came with it and open a ticket. Thanks

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,313

A pose shouldn't usually affect the settings on the figure node at all, so no it shouldn't reset the scaling. If it's from Daz please bug report it.

The figure scale is just that - it scales the whole model uniformly, it isn't remotely driving the bone scales. it may in its turn be driven by some character shapes (e.g. Teen Josie in one incarnation, as I recall) and breaking the chain would stop that from happening (useful if creating clothes or morphs).

Unfortunately there are a lot of poses in the Daz store that break these sort of guide lines, let alone the broken poses that never get fixed.

• I would bet that these poses also reset the translations, bringing the figure back to the center of the scene.

• PetercatPetercat Posts: 2,315

I would bet that these poses also reset the translations, bringing the figure back to the center of the scene.

That's why I always press "ctrl" when loading a pose, to keep the figure where it is.
    Can't stop the rotation, though!
    Can't stop the signal, Mal.