Is there and undo delete option?

I've been cleaning up my content library, deleting any freebies I didn't have a proper license for, and I made a mess. I was doing it by right clicking on a folder and selecting delete in Daz Studio. I accidentally clicked on the "props" folder in the poser content instead of a subdirectory. The files are gone - Is there a way to restore that content, or do I have to redownload all my poser props? Windows 7.

Comments

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,771

You could check the recycle bin, but they are likely gone.  I do my content management in WIndows Explorer, because by default deleted files go into the recycle bin unless you hold the shift key down...

• TavTav Posts: 46

They are not there. I thought the in-program option was more convenient, but seems like I was wrong :)

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,039

If you haven't done anything else in Studio since or restarted it my first instinct is to try Ctrl Z first before panicking completely :)

That only affected the scene unfortunately

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,039
    edited January 2018

I wonder if you right click on your Library in Studio and used the Browse to folder location which will open up Explorer an undelete option would show up?

Post edited by Fishtales on

Unfortunately not :) I'll go ahead and start the redownloads. Still, it's just poser content. If it was daz, I'd flip out on myself

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,712

create a new folder where it was

rename it props

rightclick properties

previous versions

you might get it back

good luck

Thanks, unfortunately it doesn't work, I guess I'd need recovery to be set up :) No worries though, it's just a few hours of work to restore. Still, it would be handy if Daz Studio moved deleted stuff to the recycle bin instead of erasing it completely.