My Render Library Disappeared

I have wanted to move my Render Library for a while, and eventually got around to trying it today.  This was a mistake. I now have no Render Library at all, and cannot seem to reinstate it.

I went into the "Manage Directories" dialog box and tried to do a "New" in there.  I typed in the desired folder, and pressed accept. Boom! No render library at all. I tried several additional (unsuccessful) attempts. Now I have no Render Library registered at all, and can find no way to reinstate it. Fortunately my files are still there in the old folder, it's just that I can no longer acess them from inside Daz3D. And I have no idea where any new renders will go.

BTW...

The UI at the top of the Render Library window is difficult. I have a 32 inch 2560x1400 monitor and with the Daz3D window maximized, clicking the down arrow at the extreme right of the extremely wide "Folder" field and then moving the mouse all the way back to the left to click on the "Manage Directories" button is likely to cause the action to cancel 60% of the time, because the window is so small in height compared to its width. Surely "Manage Directories" could be a button on the Render library window itself? And what is wrong with the perfectly good File Dialog functionality of the operating system? After all, you use it for File->Open, and File->Save and File->Save As. Why not for manage Render Library folders?

I have screen captures but they make the message exceed the limit. Why such a limit in these days of broadband?

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,218
    edited January 2018

You don't want to create a new Content Set, so don't click on New.  Instead, you want to Add a Directory to both Daz Studio Formats and Poser Formats. So select Daz Studio Format and click on Add. Then select the folder containing your content library. Repeat with Poser Formats, adding the same folder.

Remember to set up Daz Install Manager to install to the same content directory folder (If you are using DIM to install).

Post edited by barbult on
  • The Render Library has nothing to do with Content Directory Manager. Do you have the pane for Content Library open? If not go to Window>Panes(Tabs)>Render Library. From the pane's option menu (the lined button in the top corner or right-click the tab) select Render Directory Manager. Do you have anything under Current Directories>Base Path? If not click on Base path, then click the Add button to add a folder (it's what Barbult said, but in a different list).

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,218
    edited January 2018

Oh gosh, I completely misunderstood "Render Library" as "Content Library". Sorry for the misdirection. Thanks for catching that, Richard.

Post edited by barbult on