OT: What's your New Years Eve celebrations?

2»

Comments

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,610

I sometimes stay up till midnight but other nights I do not make it.  if I do make it up I watch the ball drop on tv but if not I guess I would be asleep.

• Wind chill in the single digits; so, just staying in and tucking under the covers/

Wind chill in the single digits; so, just staying in and tucking under the covers/

If I tuck under my covers I will fall asleep.

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

There were fireworks last night - lasted about a minute. Considering fireworks are illegal in Queensland, I wasn't expecting them. LOL. Dogs and cat were inside anyway, so no problems there. 

Butch said:
    jakiblue said:

Ha! That sounds like me. laugh I've got two fans on me right now - and it's almost 11pm. We hit the river yesterday with the dogs, trying to stay cool. Had about 20 mins of peace in our favourite spot...then were inundated with about 3 different groups of people. :sigh:  Stinking hot, the Wet Season is super late, and it's just going to get hotter. 

Small town here too - it's dead quiet out there. Can't even hear any parties going on anywhere. I'm about to make a cuppa tea and jump into bed with my book - hubby's on the xbox. LOL We leave partying on NYE up to the young'uns ha ha. 

Butch said:

I'll be sitting in front of a fan trying to stay cool - being a small town, not much happens here after sunset.  Apart from dogs barking, that is.

Well, there was one loud boom at about 10pm, then back to the normal. Even now at 10am it's quiet, just cicadas and birds. 

Happy new year everyone!  So far, 10 hours in, it seems very much like the last one.

• We'll wait for College Kids to get off work, then maybe we'll take Son's suggestion to put on Star Wars A New Hope so we can watch the Death Star get blown up at midnight. We have wine, too. Probably won't do much tomorrow either--wind chills in the 0 to teens through Tueday noon here. But we will have black eye peas and corn bread. And there's plenty of DVDs and Netfilx.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,517

...stand by 5... 4....3...stand by...1....

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,276

Still two hours until midnight here. No fireworks -which is a blessing, as there are a lot of dogs in the neighbourhood and those really hurt the dogs' ears and sometimes scare them so bad they break out of their yards and run away.

• About 1 AM here. We went outside with the upstairs neighbors to watch the two minutes of fireworks the town shot off, then came back in. My GF crashed not long after, so I'm just chilling here at the computer working on renders and watching Silent Hill playthroughs on YT. Gonna go to bed probably 2-3 AM. EXCITING HUH? :P

• God Bless and Happy New Year!

About 1 AM here. We went outside with the upstairs neighbors to watch the two minutes of fireworks the town shot off, then came back in. My GF crashed not long after, so I'm just chilling here at the computer working on renders and watching Silent Hill playthroughs on YT. Gonna go to bed probably 2-3 AM. EXCITING HUH? :P

You're going to sleep AFTER watching Silent Hill playthroughs? lol Oy, I think that would be nightmare fuel for me. I hope you sleep well though. Sweet dreams - no nightmares! :)

God Bless and Happy New Year!

You too! :D I hope you have a good 2018~!

• HorusRaHorusRa Posts: 1,662
    edited March 2019

Post edited by HorusRa on

...22 minutes to go here on the left coast.

...and that closes the books on 2017 here,. Only our friends in Alaska and Hawai'i to go.

Kind of a wimper here in Portland, thought the city would have launched some pyrotechnics at midnght. Bet Seattle did though.

• BlueIreneBlueIrene Posts: 1,318

Had a great evening here. Hubby went to bed first though, which was a bit unfortunate as he put the central heating on before he went to bed and never got round to turning it off again. He's the only one here who knows how to work it after reading the manual and stashing it away somewhere when the boiler was replaced. Son of mine stayed over with his Italian girlfriend, who is used to a warmer climate and has already been causing him to lose sleep at home by insisting on putting the winter duvet on in October(!). The poor lad slept with the window open last night while she slept under a hefty pile of quilts. New Year's resolution is to locate and read the central heating manual :)

I hope everyone had a good one! :)

I was a bad wolf and slept through it.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146

Weird.  Usually in my neighborhood I hear fireworks going off all night long.  I heard a bit around 9/9:30 PM and that was it.  Maybe with a certain "climate" folks are just not into celebrating yet another year of what's been going on this past year.  Hope it gets better, not worse.  Happy New Year folks! 

• About 1 AM here. We went outside with the upstairs neighbors to watch the two minutes of fireworks the town shot off, then came back in. My GF crashed not long after, so I'm just chilling here at the computer working on renders and watching Silent Hill playthroughs on YT. Gonna go to bed probably 2-3 AM. EXCITING HUH? :P

You're going to sleep AFTER watching Silent Hill playthroughs? lol Oy, I think that would be nightmare fuel for me. I hope you sleep well though. Sweet dreams - no nightmares! :)

I was wrapped up in the comfy dreams of being trapped in Silent Hill. Ahhh... XD Sometimes I honestly feel like real life is scarier than SH!

• kloolessklooless Posts: 115

Played Everquest 2 all evening. No fireworks this year but there were a lot of gunshots fired and one cat in heat caterwauling in my bedroom. Overall a fairly normal night.

klooless said:

Played Everquest 2 all evening. No fireworks this year but there were a lot of gunshots fired and one cat in heat caterwauling in my bedroom. Overall a fairly normal night.

Is there a free Everquest to see if it can run on my computer.

• klooless said:

Everquest II is free.

• kloolessklooless Posts: 115
    klooless said:

Free version is best if you want to see if it will run on your PC. Once you check it out and if you decide you like it and you PC can run it, I would get the subscription service as it allows you to do more in the game.  The free to play is still a good game though.