Llola Lane’s RENDER A MONTH Challenge 2018 CLOSED

Comments

• Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,075

I hope everyone is still with me..... I know this is a hard shape this month... Please don't give up.  I should have mine finished and posted soon.  Happy rendering everyone!

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,802

I love the downsized house, its great. And bight's ideas are always so nicely abstracted. I can't do abstraction but I love to see it.

I had that id3ea with the octagonal lighthouse, but in full size you can't really see theres are 8 sides, Its over in my thread if you want to have a look anyway. So I'll have to do another idea, which might take some more time

Linwelly said:

I love the downsized house, its great. And bight's ideas are always so nicely abstracted. I can't do abstraction but I love to see it.

I had that id3ea with the octagonal lighthouse, but in full size you can't really see theres are 8 sides, Its over in my thread if you want to have a look anyway. So I'll have to do another idea, which might take some more time

We still have time Linwelly... month is only half over (or half started... depending on how you look at it).  ;)

• deeleelaw57deeleelaw57 Posts: 1,478
    Linwelly said:

I shrunk the mage tower because it fit the story. I looked at your render and it looks great. There is no problem telling it is an octagon. One reason is the theme is octagon so that is what we look for and you can see half of the light house with four sides. It would be strange if the other side was round or some strange architecture that did not match the visible side. I wonder if it would be possible to place a second camera above slightly back and slightly to the side?

Linwelly said:

I shrunk the mage tower because it fit the story. I looked at your render and it looks great. There is no problem telling it is an octagon. One reason is the theme is octagon so that is what we look for and you can see half of the light house with four sides. It would be strange if the other side was round or some strange architecture that did not match the visible side. I wonder if it would be possible to place a second camera above slightly back and slightly to the side?

There is a huge hole in my landscape that would show if I put the camera at the angle you suggest ;) Yep I'm a cheater.

• mori_mannmori_mann Posts: 1,152

Still here, thinking of something with 8 sides :)

Linwelly said:
    Linwelly said:

There is a huge hole in my landscape that would show if I put the camera at the angle you suggest ;) Yep I'm a cheater.

That is not cheating. It is eliminating unneeded pixels. If I moved my camera to your location there would be a big empty void all around.

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    Linwelly said:
    Linwelly said:

That is not cheating. It is eliminating unneeded pixels. If I moved my camera to your location there would be a big empty void all around.

winklaugh

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,653

I am still trying to figure out what I can use that has 8 side as well!!

I know I have not posted a render in a while but I have not really had the time to work on anything in Daz for a bit now due to rl appointments with gbabies.

But hopefully this month I will get something done!!

• mach25mach25 Posts: 256
    edited November 2018

thanks for nice comments on my latest render

my motivation gone down lately,but will come back eventually

actually made a fish lot earlier with hexagon based on octagon or some other shape,its in my gallery,I was exercising hexagon extrude/sweep tool to get better at it when I was waiting for the bus,I got the idea to try start with different shape than cube and made it on the bus and imported it to bryce and rendered it

Post edited by mach25 on
  • nattaruknattaruk Posts: 525
    edited November 2018

@Llola Lane Lovely bike. I like the low angle camera position and the depth of field.

@mach25 Spikey but with heart! Like it.

@Linwelly Truly awesome!

@xmasrose (aka tulipe)  Really good colour and texture here.

@L'Adair LET THAT FAIRY GO! Just because you make high quality renders it does not entitle you to deprive innocent, harmless fairies of their liberty. I have actually made a render for the PC+ competition showing her Freed!

@bigh Intriguing!

@deeleelaw57 Good story idea and clever render.

I was completely stumped for an octagon idea but whilst scribbling in my notebook I became inspired to do this:

Title: Sharpening

(3Delight & the Gimp)

Post edited by nattaruk on

cool render

Is that a shaped artist sketch pencil? The hands look so much like a master wood worker's, sort of like my grandfather's hands. Very well done

• The octagon makes it difficult for me too.

@nattaruk You had a great idea and an even better image!

The octagon makes it difficult for me too.

Don't think of it as an octagon, think of it as an octagonal design.

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    nattaruk said:
    @L'Adair LET THAT FAIRY GO! Just because you make high quality renders it does not entitle you to deprive innocent, harmless fairies of their liberty. I have actually made a render for the PC+ competition showing her Freed!

I saw that. I laughed so hard.

nattaruk said:
    I was completely stumped for an octagon idea but whilst scribbling in my notebook I became inspired to do this:

(3Delight & the Gimp)

Very clever idea, and an interesting image, too.

Finally made it to the octagon render, this was loads of experimenting,

Anyway this one is Broken node

edited November 2018

Hi Gang... I'm still here... Lots of stuff going on this month kept me away from my artwork... I can't wait for the month to be over.. pthewwwwwwy...

That said.. here is my OCTAGON Stained Glass Window.  Enjoy!

OCTAGON stained glass 1024x1024 done SIGN.png
    1494 x 1495 - 2M
    Post edited by Llola Lane on
    mori_mann said:

Still here, thinking of something with 8 sides :)

No rush Mori... you still have 3 days!

very good people

I am still trying to figure out what I can use that has 8 side as well!!

I know I have not posted a render in a while but I have not really had the time to work on anything in Daz for a bit now due to rl appointments with gbabies.

But hopefully this month I will get something done!!

Darn that RL... Getting in the way of your art Saphirewild?   I'm pulling for ya... 3 days to go!

mach25 said:

thanks for nice comments on my latest render

my motivation gone down lately,but will come back eventually

actually made a fish lot earlier with hexagon based on octagon or some other shape,its in my gallery,I was exercising hexagon extrude/sweep tool to get better at it when I was waiting for the bus,I got the idea to try start with different shape than cube and made it on the bus and imported it to bryce and rendered it

If it's an Octagon mach25 ... let's see it :)

nattaruk said:

(3Delight & the Gimp)

A pencil!!!  Duh... lol... That's great nattaruk

The octagon makes it difficult for me too.

It's ok xmasrose (aka tulipe)  There's still 3 more days.  Yes... it proved difficult indeed... and not one stop sign... yet!

Linwelly said:

Finally made it to the octagon render, this was loads of experimenting,

Anyway this one is Broken node

Your art would make a great screen saver Linwelly  ... Well done indeed!  Thanks for sharing.

Very nice Linwelly although I can't see what is broken.

Nice window Llola Lane. Does it fit an octagon house. 

Ok back here and a little less sleepy, thanks a lot @Llola, @bigh and @deeleelaw57

I'm not sure if the resolution is good enough to make a useful screensaver, I had to stop it at some point of rendering and while it works small scale it gets grainy rather quick.

The broken node is the one with the red light. Its not as visible as I wished but the crytalline structure is actually broken on that ocatgon.

@nattaruk ha pencil, good thinking! I like that you used old hands, my I ask which character that is?

@Llola beautiful bird and nice frame within frame game :D

• @Linwelly great  thinking and beautiful image!

@Llola Lane great image and what a beautiful bird!

Very nice Linwelly although I can't see what is broken.

Nice window Llola Lane. Does it fit an octagon house. 

Haaa... Only the builder knows for sure Dee ;)  I'm not telling.. shhhh... LOL  Thanks.

Linwelly said:

@Llola beautiful bird and nice frame within frame game :D

Rise-n-shine Linwelly... lol... and Thank you!