Legacy Footwear on G8F

With the deletion of the ankle bone, I have found a lot of V4 footwear that autofitted quite nicely to G3F, now does not as the foot pose is well off the mark.

Has anyone found a decent workaround for using older footwear items, please?

Thanks.

:0/

Comments

• Ghosty12Ghosty12 Posts: 1,979
    edited December 2017

Fitting older gen footwear to new figures is often hit and miss, with more often than not a lot of misses.. The only option is to try a tutorial by Sickleyield https://sickleyield.deviantart.com/art/A-Reminder-on-Autofitting-Shoes-to-Genesis-2-or-3-412985230 as well as https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/59515/another-converting-victoria-4-footwear-to-genesis-2-maybe-g3f-small-update which I did a while back both of which should help you hopefully..

That will do it for Genesis 2 and 3, if you follow that you might be able to work it to G8.. The main thing is to have the relavant clones and to make sure to have both options as unsupported when auto fit pops up as it can screw things up..

But in the end a lot of the footwear will not work properly no matter how hard you try..

Post edited by Ghosty12 on
  • GatorGator Posts: 1,268

Popping in here as it may be relevant to my interests.

A big question is flats or heels.  I did a few flats OK.  But flat shoes are ugly.  smiley

I jumped from V4 to Genesis 3.  I tried some V4 heels on G3F with no luck and gave up.  For me to start using G8F, I'd have to be able to fit G3F shoes.  Otherwise I'll just wait for G9F.

• Ghosty12Ghosty12 Posts: 1,979

A big question is flats or heels.  I did a few flats OK.  But flat shoes are ugly.  smiley

I jumped from V4 to Genesis 3.  I tried some V4 heels on G3F with no luck and gave up.  For me to start using G8F, I'd have to be able to fit G3F shoes.  Otherwise I'll just wait for G9F.

The problem with heels especially from older generations is that autofit can completely screw up the mesh.. Even the two tutorials I linked are not perfect either as some shoes will refuse to play ball with the methods the tutorials employ.. And in those cases to get around that problem is the hide the toes, feet, and shins, the problem with that method is that it really only works on boots where the legs and feet are enclosed so you are not seeing the feet, toes or shins..

• Thanks for the replies.

As I suspected then, there is no magic answer.

That said I will take a look at the links you gave, to see if any inspiration strikes me. :)

• GatorGator Posts: 1,268
    ghosty12 said:

The problem with heels especially from older generations is that autofit can completely screw up the mesh.. Even the two tutorials I linked are not perfect either as some shoes will refuse to play ball with the methods the tutorials employ.. And in those cases to get around that problem is the hide the toes, feet, and shins, the problem with that method is that it really only works on boots where the legs and feet are enclosed so you are not seeing the feet, toes or shins..

Yeah, the mesh would get completely jacked up.

This was supposed to be the most compatible version of Genesis ever, so you'd think there would be some consideration there.  I dunno.  I heard Sickleyield or someone was working on a script for G3F heels to G8F, but I haven't tried yet.

• Well, I hope someone is able to come up with an user friendly conversion to help with this issue. ( Scripting? :0/ )

There are boat loads of legacy footwear I would like to use on G8.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,553

Well, I hope someone is able to come up with an user friendly conversion to help with this issue. ( Scripting? :0/ )

There are boat loads of legacy footwear I would like to use on G8.

I wouldn't hold my breath. this has been an issue going back a few generations with no viable solution, so I doubt we'll see one any time soon.