DAZ Studio 4.10 - Empty Shaping Tab?

Hey everyone,

Got a bit of a wierd issue that I can't seem to solve on my own.

I was happily working away this afternoon on a G3M figure, shaping his body and fine tuning etc.  One time when I returned to the Shaping tab it is completely empty.  I have no text in the search box at the top, and I have not (to my knowledge!) changed any settings.  Like I say I was in the moddle of working when this happened.  No other tabs are affected and are working fine.

Any ideas as to what has happened?  I am sure its something pretty trivial, but I just cannot work it out!

Thanks in advance,

John

Comments

• What do you have selected?

• TATSU 3DTATSU 3D Posts: 224

-The G3M figure

I tested it on a G3F figure too, and get the same results.  The Shaping tab is completely devoid of any content.  It's wierd that this happened whilst the program was running and being used.  I did not change any settings at the time that this happened.

Here is a screenshot of the G3M figure being selected (brand new base figure, no other scenery or objects).  If the layout looks odd it is because I use a multi monitor setup, so the main viewport is not shown!

DAZ-001.jpg
    1600 x 858 - 156K

What is a bit odd is that in the top drop-down menu in the shaping tab is says 'no selection', when you can clearly see the figure is selected.  I can't even edit characters I have already created!

Just a quick update - I have tried a content database reset/reinstall and this still hasn't fixed the issue.

Also, the problem extends to props that have moving parts controlled in the shaping tab.  These are also missing.  It is definately only affecting the shaping tab - every other tab is perfectly fine!

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,146
    edited December 2017

Here is a screenshot of the G3M figure being selected (brand new base figure, no other scenery or objects).  If the layout looks odd it is because I use a multi monitor setup, so the main viewport is not shown!

I notice you have the "presets" part of the Shaping tab open - they show up empty for me too. All the shapings are under the "editor" part - maybe try that?

Capture.JPG
    1029 x 586 - 49K
    Post edited by MelanieL on

Thank you, thank you THANK YOU!  :D

I *knew* it was going to be something trivial. I can't believe I didn't even realise that.  Thanks once more - you are officially awesome, Melanie!!

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,146

Thank you - glad I could help. (I don't know what the point of the "presets" bit is, since nothing seems to show up in it)

• John & MelanieL, this may be an old forum question, but boy did it just save my life.  Was having a major panic attack, brown paper bag and everything. Thank god for this forum and for answers to the most trivial questions...thank you.

• Hey there. Im having the exact same problem, but I have made SURE that the editor tab is selected. I cannot shape the figures, I cannot change facial expressions, there is NOTHING in the shaping tab at all and I have done everything that has been done here.