A very sluggish art thread

EotaEota Posts: 9
edited December 2017 in Art Studio

[Edited to fix a colour issue and also a million other times because I'm a goober.]

So I've had Daz sinccce I guess generation 3 came out (meaning Victoria and Michael 3 and all that good stuff) and this is the first time I've posted any of my renders on the forum, because I'm a chicken.  Please be gentle with me, for I am but a self-taught brat with dreams beyond my capabilities.

I also don't often do human renders, but I was fiddling yesterday with an inspiring macabre song on repeat after just having finally(!!) bought DM's Two to Tango pose sets and got carried away toying with the idea of this, so here it is.  *insert shrug emoticon here to a soundtrack of quiet weeping*  The models are both G8, so I had to convert the poses once to G3 and then to G8, with some further tweaking to nudge everything into place, but it was well worth it for those amazingly intimate tango poses!  Took about six hours to stop messing with it long enough to render it for real, and I let the render run for about eleven hours because I have an AMD graphics card and no life.  Postwork in Photoshop.

MausoleumTango1 v4.jpg
1627 x 1250 - 775K
Post edited by Eota on

Comments

• That's a very cool piece! I like the lighting. :)

Okay, now putting on my CV hat. The mods like to keep all images in the forums to a width of 800 px to make it easier for multiple devices to easily view the images posted. If you would be so kind as to edit your image and change the width of your image to 800 px, it would be appreciated. If you aren't sure how to do this, just edit your post by clicking on the gear at the top right-hand corner of the post and choose edit. Once your post is in edit mode, right click on the image and change the width to 800 px in the pop-up box. After that, you can save your comment.  Thanks so much. 

Of course, now that you've posted an image, we in the Art Studio are going to expect to see more artwork! :)

• StormlyghtStormlyght Posts: 666
    edited December 2017
    EotA said:

[Edited to fix a colour issue.]

So I've had Daz sinccce I guess generation 3 came out (meaning Victoria and Michael 3 and all that good stuff) and this is the first time I've posted any of my renders on the forum, because I'm a chicken.  Please be gentle with me, for I am but a self-taught brat with dreams beyond my capabilities.

I also don't often do human renders, but I was fiddling yesterday with an inspiring macabre song on repeat after just having finally(!!) bought DM's Two to Tango pose sets and got carried away toying with the idea of this, so here it is.  *insert shrug emoticon here to a soundtrack of quiet weeping*  The models are both G8, so I had to convert the poses once to G3 and then to G8, with some further tweaking to nudge everything into place, but it was well worth it for those amazingly intimate tango poses!  Took about six hours to stop messing with it long enough to render it for real, and I let the render run for about eleven hours because I have an AMD graphics card and no life.  Postwork in Photoshop.

I really like your render. I'm imagining the "story" behind the characters...Is this their first dance? Or their last? Love it!

Trish

Post edited by Stormlyght on
  • EotaEota Posts: 9

That's a very cool piece! I like the lighting. :)

Okay, now putting on my CV hat. The mods like to keep all images in the forums to a width of 800 px to make it easier for multiple devices to easily view the images posted. If you would be so kind as to edit your image and change the width of your image to 800 px, it would be appreciated. If you aren't sure how to do this, just edit your post by clicking on the gear at the top right-hand corner of the post and choose edit. Once your post is in edit mode, right click on the image and change the width to 800 px in the pop-up box. After that, you can save your comment.  Thanks so much. 

Of course, now that you've posted an image, we in the Art Studio are going to expect to see more artwork! :)

Oops, sorry, I didn't realize that also applied to attachments!  I didn't seem to have an option for it in editing so I just did it the old fashioned way and resized it in photoshop.  Sorry about that!

• EotA said:

Oops, sorry, I didn't realize that also applied to attachments!  I didn't seem to have an option for it in editing so I just did it the old fashioned way and resized it in photoshop.  Sorry about that!

No, it doesn't apply to attachments, but the image that was embedded inside your post which was larger than 800 px. You shouldn't have had to edit the attachment, just the image that was embedded in the post. You just needed to right click on the image in the post while in edit mode to change the width size. 

EotA said:

No, it doesn't apply to attachments, but the image that was embedded inside your post which was larger than 800 px. You shouldn't have had to edit the attachment, just the image that was embedded in the post. You just needed to right click on the image in the post while in edit mode to change the width size. 

Oh, I embedded it earlier accidentally and immediately removed it, but it might've been slow to show the removal.  Good to know, thank you!

• Of course, now I'm wondering if I'm going crazy and imagined it embedded inside the post and wondering if I just need to go to bed instead. Sorry if I confused you. {{shakes head}} I must be going crazy.

I really like your render. I'm imaging the "story" behind the characters...Is this their first dance? Or their last? Love it!

Trish

Thank you so much!  I feel less nervous about having posted it now!

• EotA said:
    EotA said:

Oh, I embedded it earlier accidentally and immediately removed it, but it might've been slow to show the removal.  Good to know, thank you!

Ah, that makes me feel much better! It's good to know I wasn't crazy afterall. I must have been looking at the thread right before it updated. Though I admit I do probably need more sleep.  :)  Embedded images are allowed and we love them. Just remember to set their width size to 800 px. If you forget, though, no one is going to get out the whips and chains. We just send out friendly little nudges. :)

• ChameoChameo Posts: 306

I really like the render. It's both macabre and beautiful. The bold splashes of red in the roses and the apple really draw the eye.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Welcome! Don't thing you need to worry about posting, its a lovely image!  And besides, none of us bite here.  Much...No, really, just kidding, I've never met a forum full of people more willing to help, answer questions, and encourage than this one.

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

Welcome to the Art Forum Eota!!! I think you are off to an amazing start with the very beautiful render!!

As Knittingmommy said now that you posted your first art work we are going to want to see more of your great renders

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 2017

Here it is embedded. Due to scrolling on mobile devices (and some computer screens) I keep the height to 600px and the width to 600 or 700px, whichever of the two is greatest (the height or the width.)  I just went up to the image icon above this textbox, looks like a sun over mountains, and put in the image URL for Image Info (you click on your attachment and right click/copy the URL.) 

Then for the Link tab that's also in the popup, paste it in there (right click, paste) and then in that same tab, go to Target, click to get the dropdown, and choose New Window_blank so when people open your image from here, it doesn't take them out of the thread. They just X to close.

Love image, welcome to the Art Studio, and as said before, most of us are charming  devil  so don't be afraid to post anything you're experimenting with. That's what most of the Art Studio threads do, is discuss things people are trying, in addition to finished renders. 

Love the flair of the cape, adds to the passion!

Post edited by Novica on

Thank you so much for the help, warm welcome, and love bites, everyone!  Macabre and melodramatic are two of my favourite things, so you guys pretty much know me already.  You're definitely not crazy, Knittingmommy, haha, I was just fumbling with my post for about seven years, so you caught it at an ugly moment.  blush

• ItsCeoItsCeo Posts: 471
    I really like it, very cool. I am jealous of your lighting ability -excellent job! I'm glad you posted. I'm new to Daz (6 months), and I have benefited from the New User contest. They are changing the contest to a challenge in January. Anyway,my point is that I have gotten a lot of constructive feedback there. It's nice that the Daz community does seem to have a lot of nice people that are supportive.