dForce...odd reaction to Nose

Need some help understanding what is happening here.....

I have a simple scene with GF8 laying flat(ish) on her back and I am 'drapping' a dForce plane (scarf) over her and the geometry jacks up right over her nose. 

During the simulation it rest on the nose as expected but then as it 'settles' the point over the tip of the nose raises (as seen in the screen shot). I have stumbled around with some of the settings but nothing seems to change this end result. 

Two things:

1. What is causing this Pinocchio effect?
  2. How do I correct it?

PS: I am not a rookie to dForce, but I am nothing near an expert. I have created several successful renders using both dForce ready items and dForce Modified items.

Thank you for any help or suggestions you can provide.

Untitled.jpg
446 x 555 - 162K

Comments

• Found one way to address this.....not sure whether it is the best way or not but it seems to have worked.

I tried virtually every setting in the surfaces tab....nothing

Then I went and started testing changing settings in the Collision tab under the Simulations Settings.....nothing

Next tried lenghtening and shortening the duration....nothing

Then I changed the Subframes setting in the Quality tab....I increased it from 8 to 12, and boom! it killed Pinocchio. 

Like I said I am not an expert so if there is a better way to correct this 'effect' I would love to know...I would also love to find or see a guide to what each setting does in plain English for dForce instead of stumbling around in the settings hoping something works.

• The more time you give dForce to do its thing, the more it will do its thing. Increasing subframes is the correct method.

• JamesJABJamesJAB Posts: 1,760

Try turning up the subdivision level on G8F, and either turn up SubD on the scarf, or use a higher resolution primative.

I have found that most times when strange stuff happens, it has to do with either too low geometry resolution, or a resolution mismatch between the items (not SubD, just plygons on one being larger than the other)
    Your scraf vs G8F nose tip is a good example of a resolution mismatch