"Duplicate formulas found" - SOLVED

SertorialSertorial Posts: 962
edited December 2017 in New Users

Whenever I load a Genesis figure, I get this error. Doesn't happen with G2 or G3. 

Any ideas?

Thanks

EDIT: found a great fix! Works a treat

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/22220/duplicate-formulas-error-solved-thank-you-bejaymac

Capture.JPG
1264 x 249 - 35K
Post edited by Sertorial on

Comments

• Since this is a known issue, plaguing a lot of users, why doesn't DAZ simply fix it?

It's not  reasonable to have every user dig through morphs and whatnot fixing a bug.

This isn't the first time DAZ puts out broken products and doesn't address the issues.

Honestly, given the amount of time it takes to load a G8 figure because of this, you'd think it would get their utmost attention.

This should be put back into the laps of the coders/engineers to fix PROPERLY.

• angelus.daemonicus_be2dba91e7 said:

Since this is a known issue, plaguing a lot of users, why doesn't DAZ simply fix it?

It's not  reasonable to have every user dig through morphs and whatnot fixing a bug.

This isn't the first time DAZ puts out broken products and doesn't address the issues.

Honestly, given the amount of time it takes to load a G8 figure because of this, you'd think it would get their utmost attention.

This should be put back into the laps of the coders/engineers to fix PROPERLY.

The fix is for PAs to use unique names - it isn't a DS issue, it's an issue with conflciting content (usually) or an outright content bug (much more rarely).

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,843

I'm going to expand on what Richard means by "unique names".

We are not talking about the name of the file, nor do we mean the dial name you see in DS, but rather the asset ID that is inside the DSF file.

It's this asset ID that needs to be unique, and I'm not talking unique to the vendor, or to the store, but unique to the figure.

If a vendor makes a morph for G8F with the asset ID of "Big_Buns", then that means nobody else can use that ID for a morph for G8F nor G8.1F.

That simple name is the problem we have as most vendors wouldn't think twice about using it for their own morphs.

FHM_Bejaymac_Jenna_01
    FBM_Bejaymac_Jenna_01

^^^^^ That is the sort of naming system I use for my own content, it's also the sort of naming system I use whenever one of my friends reports a Duplicate Formula error to me, and I turn up and fix it for them.