How do I get Genesis characters of other races?

SadnicSadnic Posts: 64
edited December 2017 in New Users

How do I get Genesis characters of other races, that can also be customized through body or face morphs?

Post edited by Sadnic on

Comments

• You have to buy characters of the race you are interested in. This will give you skins that can be applied to other characters you morph.

You can find them here: https://www.daz3d.com/people-and-wearables#

At the top, click on the category for the Genesis base you are interested in and it will narrow them down.

• SadnicSadnic Posts: 64

Nice, thank you.

Let me see if I got it right: You download the desired character, you get him (with his unique look) and his textures, so you can modify the character's face to make him look different, and you can also apply his texture (skin color) to another custom character?

• Yes, that's exactly right.

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,992

A word of warning - make sure that you are looking at the Genesis Generation you intend to use. so if you use Genesis 8, buying morphs and materials for Genesis 1 or 2 is usually not the best of ideas, unless you are willing to jump through some hoops and conversions.

• Sadnic said:
    Let me see if I got it right: You download the desired character, you get him (with his unique look) and his textures, so you can modify the character's face to make him look different, and you can also apply his texture (skin color) to another custom character?

Yes. As long as you keep within the Genesis generation limits, you can mix and match — you aren't stuck using the character morph and the character texture together, you can take one from one character and one from another character. Note that sometimes this works very well, sometimes it works very weird... occasionally, hilariously weird.  

• karg2karg2 Posts: 5

Skin tone can be altered from the surfaces tab:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From the : Surfaces : tab you can select individual surfaces or the entire figure......

There are a bunch of parameters that can be changed.....most of them I have not figured out yet.....

But, Diffuse color, Specular Color and Ambient Color seem to be usefull in altering skin tone....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Diffuse Color:  This seems to directly overlay the skin, adding that color....

Specular Color: Acts like a reflective highlite.....

Ambient Color: Overlays both Diffuse Color and Specular Color....small changes with it seem to have a big effect

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Go to Surfaces tab and select the figure you want do your stuff to....

Click on the surface name,a dropdown menu will list the parameters.......

This is where you choose Diffuse,Specular or Ambient.....when you click on the parameter an area to the right will appear....

This will have a square box showing the picture from the textures file that is applied to the surface: the face,limbs,torso,etc.....

A texture picture is not required to be there....if no picture  the color is still applied to the surface.... to remove the texture picture, click on the box and select "none"

from the dropdown menu....if you remove all the texture pics for face, arm, leg, etc. and apply some color ,you get a cartoony type figure....

To the texture boxes right will be a white bar area containing three numbers...these numbers alter color saturation,hue,lightness,etc...when you alter the numbers you see the affect....

If you click and hold on  each number and move mouse left/right it will act like a slider and you will see white bar change color...play with it and you can sneak up on the color you want...or you can click on the white area and a popup window will allow you to select a color directly from a pallete.....

Underneath the color bar ,there is slider controlling the percentage of the entire parameter....this effectively darkens the color....

By the way... from the diffuse color adjustment area... clicking on the box with the picture and clicking on the browse option from the dropdown menu you will access the textures file area where you can wander around and look at textures applied to other stuff like clothes,props or other figures .....once you get familiar with it,you can change the fabrics on your clothes,the wood or metal on props, and the entire skin on your figure ...some skins dont fit correctly but keep looking and some will fit...and putting leather texture as skin looks neat....

Specular Color and Ambient Color work the same way....play with them to see what happens....

There is so much I do not understand about DAZ but it so much fun figuring it out......

I hope I have helped somebody...

Have a good day

• Max_theHitmanMax_theHitman Posts: 66
    edited December 2017

Thank you Karg2.

This might very useful for me in the future. ..."Skin tone can be altered from the surfaces tab:"

I plan on experimenting with skin color tones by doing, for an example, a South Pacific Island girl (face + body morphs) with a slightly darker skin color than

the normal Western caucasian girl.

There is also the idea of creating an all white "albino" type of girl-model. That would be interesting to see and use for

an image. 

A good example would be to search andsee photos of the real top-model sin Google, like Nastya Zhidkova , Alyona Subbotina and Connie Chiu.

I might just create a new model of them for us to use one day :)

Post edited by Max_theHitman on