Father's Day Coupon not valid

edited December 1969 in The Commons

Perhaps I'm doing something wrong, but I tried to use the supplied father's day coupon in the mailer and I'm getting an error that it's not valid, did I get a late email (again)? I tried to enter it in the shopping cart and looked all over my profile for an activation/redemption link, but I didn't see that except for gift cards.

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

where does the coupie code go?

does coupie balances show under store credit?

• edited December 1969

I am assuming (and maybe that's the problem) they're supposed to be entered in the cart when you click on "My Cart" and then "Go To Shopping Cart", there's a box near the bottom to enter coupons. I know in the past you sometimes had to enter a code in your profile to redeem a coupon before using it, but I don't see that anymore except for giftcards. I'm just so confused with all the new stuff they've done.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,380
    edited December 1969

Once you start the checkout process. Once you confirm your mailing address and enter the payment screen there is a link you click on "To add or remove gift cards or coupons, click here." it will open up two boxes that you can enter the code into. Enter it into "Discount Codes". I just tested the fathers day coupon and it is working.

• DAZ_bfurnerDAZ_bfurner Posts: 62
    edited December 1969

You also need to be careful to have a DAZ Original or DAZ owned product to apply the code to. It won't work on PA's that are not DAZ owned or Platinum Club items and won't work on $1,99 items.

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

Actually Frank, I just "go to shopping cart" instead of "check out" and the discount coupon box is there. I just used the Father's Day coupon without a problem.

I'm assuming that you were careful that there were no extra spaces before or after the code. I sometimes find them when I copy/paste the code directly from the email.

I'm also assuming that what you were trying to purchase was a DAZ Original item and more than the $5 minimum stated in the newsletter.

edited December 1969

Miss B said:
    Actually Frank, I just "go to shopping cart" instead of "check out" and the discount coupon box is there. I just used the Father's Day coupon without a problem.

I'm assuming that you were careful that there were no extra spaces before or after the code. I sometimes find them when I copy/paste the code directly from the email.

I'm also assuming that what you were trying to purchase was a DAZ Original item and more than the $5 minimum stated in the newsletter.

Good to know TY! I haven't tried it there yet.

• edited December 1969

So, if the item in question is not eligible for the coupon, it would say so, right? Not just telling me the code is invalid

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

I think you get the one generic message.

However do check that you have spaces either in front or trailing the coupon code, They can set off invalid code as well.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,809
    edited December 1969

I'm not sure - the code is invalid for non DAZ items. What were you trying to buy?

• edited December 1969

sorry, been trying to get that posted, but the site is being super slow and timing out on nearly every page load.

The item I was trying to get is http://www.daz3d.com/shop/genesis-to-poser-cr2/

I don't see any limitations on coupons anywhere on the item, otherwise I wouldn't be here asking about it

edited June 2012

That item is not a DAZ Original so the coupon would not apply to it. The coupon is only for $2.00 off any DAZ Original valued at $5.00 or more.

Post edited by frank0314 on
  • Pixel8tedPixel8ted Posts: 588
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    I think you get the one generic message.

However do check that you have spaces either in front or trailing the coupon code, They can set off invalid code as well.

Thanks for that tip. I got the invalid message while grabbing Dementia for V4 on fastgrab. I had copied and pasted the code from the newsletter and ended up with an extra space before the code. The coupon worked after I removed the extra space.

edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    That item is not a DAZ Original so the coupon would not apply to it. The coupon is only for $2.00 off any DAZ Original valued at $5.00 or more.

The best way of sorting out which are Daz Originals is to use
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/people?cat=2

ANd then from the top vendors list choose Daz3D. you will need to pull forward a few ppages to get past the Plainum club items, if you sre a PC member.

• adegneradegner Posts: 42
    edited December 1969

no it is broken and I have applied em before. Not suprising sure hope they fix this pile of beta html soon

• edited December 1969

well, would it be possible to actually list on the items when they are not eligible for discounts? I know someone is going to say "just look to see if it's 'such and such' item", but sometimes it's easier just to see (for example) "this item is not eligible for the Father's Day coupon" or something to that effect.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the discounts already, but when I'm promised a pony, I don't want a horse :P

edited December 1969

It does say on the Newsletter that it only applies to Daz Originals.

Daz Originals can be selected in any category, byy choosing Daz3d as the vendor, from the list of Top vendors on the right hand menu.

The coupon is not broken, most people are managing to use it.

• ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited December 1969

The coupon to me is misleading because it says Originals instead of Original making me think I could place as many items as I wanted in the cart and get $2 off each item, but of course that was not the case.

I was going to spend over $100 today, but now it will be less than $10 because it will only work for 1 item.

You would think DAZ would like people to spend some money on the site, but they keep limiting everything.

The Sales and Promotions at another site are typically a coupon for a percentage off of any and all items in the store, no limitations and not just a mere $2. I like DAZ, but I have been doing most of my shopping elsewhere because DAZ limits our ability to get discounted items.

edited June 2012

I was going to comment, but I changed my mind.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    I was going to comment, but decided that I wouldn't say anything.

Please, go ahead and comment. I just spent almost an hour loading up my cart, then see only $2 come off the total. I was not very happy.

So if there is anything that you could say to make me feel like DAZ isn't being cheap please feel free.

I am writing this and the last post out of frustration. I apologize if I offended anyone.

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

DAZ coupons have always been this way. It's off a total price which for only $2 isn't going to affect much ... but say the coupon was $7, then one might buy 2 or 3 items which are collectively totaling to $14 or more dollars and still save $7.

There are several items just put on sale for the weekend; prices are already very good.

edited December 1969

Ledhead said:
    chohole said:
    I was going to comment, but decided that I wouldn't say anything.

Please, go ahead and comment. I just spent almost an hour loading up my cart, then see only $2 come off the total. I was not very happy.

So if there is anything that you could say to make me feel like DAZ isn't being cheap please feel free.

I am writing this and the last post out of frustration. I apologize if I offended anyone.

No I changed my mind, because I realise that you are new to Daz3D, and are not yet used to the way things work.

• Dream CutterDream Cutter Posts: 1,222
    edited December 1969

You could join the PC and save up to almost 30% on DAZ items. the very same that apply to the coupon. At 100$ initial purchase you break even... but thats not all... Its " Loaded with members only perks!" Um, some limitations, terms and condition's apply - I suppose.

edited December 1969

well, would it be possible to actually list on the items when they are not eligible for discounts? I know someone is going to say "just look to see if it's 'such and such' item", but sometimes it's easier just to see (for example) "this item is not eligible for the Father's Day coupon" or something to that effect.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the discounts already, but when I'm promised a pony, I don't want a horse :P

The items that say the vendor is DAZ are DAZ originals.

• Alisa Uh-LisaAlisa Uh-Lisa Posts: 1,308
    edited December 1969

First, thanks for the coupon.

Second, a question to the PTB...And please, no replies of "Daz doesn't even have to give us coupons" I KNOW that and am not looking a gift horse in the mouth.

Is this the way all coupons will be from now on?

1- I sure don't recall, when we were given vouchers, that we ever had to buy a certain minimum amount priced item in order to use them.

2-It looks like coupons can not stack in this new system. There's no way to use both the PC coupon and this one in order to save, for example, $8 on a $15 item, I tried. If you try to use one, it takes away the other. :(. Vouchers ALWAYS stacked.

I've been working to stay very positive and give Daz every benefit of the doubt, but it's getting harder. It's feeling more and more like Daz is changing a LOT of their policies - and every single change is for the worse.

I have yet to see ONE single thing that is better with this new store/forum system...and all the things that crop up seem like they are designed to give us less benefits, and worse deals... :(

• PuntomausPuntomaus Posts: 450
    edited December 1969

If you try to use one, it takes away the other. :(. Vouchers ALWAYS stacked.

I have not redeemed my 6 Dollar coupon yet but what you say means that if I'd use the 2 Dollar coupon on a purchase now that the 6 Dollar one would be gone too?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Puntomaus said:

I have not redeemed my 6 Dollar coupon yet but what you say means that if I'd use the 2 Dollar coupon on a purchase now that the 6 Dollar one would be gone too?

No, you just can't use more than one on the same order.

• Alisa Uh-LisaAlisa Uh-Lisa Posts: 1,308
    edited June 2012

Puntomaus said:

Correct. Sorry if that wasn't clear. What I was saying is that in the past, when we were given vouchers, which we generally were (coupons were usually given for only a SPECIFIC product, not for a "here's a gift" situation like this one), you put the voucher into your account, and all the ones you had would add together (for as long as they were valid).

So, if you had your $6 PC voucher, then got a $2 Fathers day voucher, you had $8 in vouchers. You could use that to buy, for example, a $14 item for $6.

I tried to do that by putting an item in my cart that was about $14, then redeeming the PC coupon. It took off $6. Then, I tried to ALSO put in the Fathers' Day coupon, but rather than saying "ok, now you have $8 in coupons all together", it said "oh, ok, you want to use this one instead" and took off $2 of the total order, not $8.

So you can use EITHER the $6 PC coupon OR the $4 Fathers day coupon. To use both, you have to buy ANOTHER item, and spend more money. Plus, the item you buy for the Fathers day coupon has to be at least $5 (not terribly hard to do, but still...not the way it used to be).

So, I'm trying to find out if this is temporary (until they do some special store programming) or permanent that we will:

1 - have non-stacking coupons as our gifts and PC coupons, requiring a separate purchase for any coupon we get and

2 - have a minimum purchase in order to use "gift" coupons like this one that in the past had no such restriction.

Post edited by Alisa Uh-Lisa on
  • PuntomausPuntomaus Posts: 450
    edited June 2012

Puntomaus said:

Ah ok, then I misunderstood what Alisa wrote.

ETA: thanks, Alisa for explaining. I hope this will change in the future. Would love to use the coupons like we could use our vouchers.

Post edited by Puntomaus on
  • edited December 1969

chohole said:
    It does say on the Newsletter that it only applies to Daz Originals.

Daz Originals can be selected in any category, byy choosing Daz3d as the vendor, from the list of Top vendors on the right hand menu.

The coupon is not broken, most people are managing to use it.

See, I literally just said that someone was going to say this when I made mention of stating that a particular item is not eligible for a certain discount.

My point was, if there is a disclaimer ON the item itself stating that a special promotion cannot be used, it would help to clear up some of the confusion. I did see what the limitations were on the email, but seeing it in emails and seeing it on the item would be two different things that are working in conjunction to ensure people are not only getting the correct information, but that they are also understanding which items are and are not eligible.

I certainly know how much work it is to build a web site and I don't know how much work it would be to implement such a system, but it is only an idea/suggestion and should be taken as such, I am not demanding anything.

I will say that yes, I should have looked a bit harder, but with all the new things going on around here, I'm still trying to get used to everything and a lot of this is still confusing.

I don't want to come off as sounding rude, but as someone who has worked nearly his entire life in some retail job and being a customer as well, you begin to see where you can help yourself AND the customer when trying to make sure a complicated situation is explained in an orderly and direct manner.

In the end, the item I was trying to buy actually became even cheaper as I was doing this thread and so it worked out for me to wait, so this entire time has not been for naught and now I can start looking into the new Genesis figures :D

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

The problem is that editing thousands of product pages every time there's a coupon isn't feasible. While the coupons that are active right now are only valid on DAZ Originals, that isn't always going to be the case.