Thumbnails in Shaping panel

KatteyKattey Posts: 2,899
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Hello.

It is probably a stupid question but is there a way to make all Genesis morphs from Shaping tab panel appear as a slider with a small icon, like they do in Parameters tab panel? I have some morphs having a big thumbnail picture and vertical slider and some are with small icon and horizontal slider, and I'd like all of them be with horizontal slider. Is there a way to do it? And is there a way to do it for many morphs at once, not on 1-by-1 base? And how to save the result so I won't have to do it again?

Thanks.

Comments

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,846
    edited December 1969

Unfortunately it's a function that's built into the Shaping tab, and only affects figures with built in regions (aka Genesis), if the morph is assigned to the "Actor" region then it has the big card, if it's assigned to one of the other regions then you get the slider.

I know a few people didn't like how the morphs were grouped in Genesis, so they changed the grouping in the Parameters tab, it's odds on that their shaping tab was empty after that, as the morphs have to be assigned to the built in regions to show.

When you make changes to existing Tri-Ax/DSON content (comes with a DUF and DSF asset files) then you use "File > Save as > Support asset > Save Modified Assets", just make sure if your altering existing morphs not to have them dialed, as the dial setting will be added to the asset file and Genesis will always load morphed.

• KatteyKattey Posts: 2,899
    edited December 1969

Dang, I hoped for an easy checkbox somewhere -_-
    I'll just have to use Parameters tab then where everything in nice tidy small sliders.

Thank you for the explanation.

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

Kattey said:
    Hello.

It is probably a stupid question but is there a way to make all Genesis morphs from Shaping tab panel appear as a slider with a small icon, like they do in Parameters tab panel? I have some morphs having a big thumbnail picture and vertical slider and some are with small icon and horizontal slider, and I'd like all of them be with horizontal slider. Is there a way to do it? And is there a way to do it for many morphs at once, not on 1-by-1 base? And how to save the result so I won't have to do it again?

Thanks.

Missed this when it was first posted. Changing the workspace (layout) can affect this. I use the City Limits layout and all the sliders are horizontal. Go to the Window menu and choose Workspace>Select Layout.
    edited December 1969

I use CityLimits + Darkside too, so I don't know what the problem here.

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

Well I double-checked this and found I had been looking in the wrong place (Parameters pane, of course). Sorry about that! %-P

Some of the layout/style changes do affect the size and appearance of sliders, but I can't find a method for turning the vertical ones horizontal, except by using the Parameters pane.

edited December 1969

Well I double-checked this and found I had been looking in the wrong place (Parameters pane, of course). Sorry about that! %-P

Some of the layout/style changes do affect the size and appearance of sliders, but I can't find a method for turning the vertical ones horizontal, except by using the Parameters pane.

Yeah, I ended up using it too but I like zones from Shaping more so I was wondering...

Thank you for your effort :)