My Library Empty

I was trying to install some 3rd party content. I looked up a video how to do that... however in his my library there was already a list of folders but mine is empty. His had data etc and he was saying drag data here, drag that there etc. How am I to do that with a blank folder? Has it gotten easier and I just copy everything into it?

Comments

• There's actually 3 default places content gets installed, My Library(not always present), My Daz 3D library, and My Daz Connect Library.

Each of thes folders could be in the user Folder,

c:\users\(user name)\My documents\Daz 3D\Studio

or in the public folders

c:\users\Public\Public documents\My DAZ 3D library.

For the most part if you are just installing new conent from a ZIP, it's just drag and drop from the zip to the folder.

Once you have some content installed, you'll see all those other folders.

Check out the Starter essentials zips to see what is in them.

• MalusMalus Posts: 370

Actually I have a number of stuff installed but it is all in the cloud folder. I tried pasting stuff there but it did nothing. I will poke my head in on those and see what is happening in them. 

edited December 2017

Yeah all of them are empty except for the cloud folder. Nothing happens when I paste stuff in it. I have victoria, genesis, and a few other models already installed so if the files were to pop up they should have by now. Though to install them I had to log in and out a couple times for it to recognise the products I purchased. 

Post edited by Malus on
  • If vyou installed with Connect (that is, inside Daz studio) then yes, the My Connect Library is the only thing that will have content, in the data/Cloud folder. For manually installation you don't use that folder, use My Library instead (even thought it is empty initially)

Okay do I just copy and paste everything into it or is there a specific thing to do?

Copy and paste did nothing. Even one had an extension in it.. and it did nothing. Putting it in cloud did nothing. Looking at the character of cloud and copying characters with the same file format did nothing. Nothing does anything it seems. Meh. 

edited December 2017

Let me go down the long list of stuff I have done to try and install anything morphs, actors etc. 

I tried putting it into my library nothing, I tried putting it in my public library nothing. I let the actors install in the default x86 location nothing. I added paths for each of these things in daz. The only thing that works is cloud things but you cannot add anything in there the ones you add do not work or show up 

I tried in as many ways as I could imagine if you install morphs you go to the model and look at the shape settings nothing happened, looked below real world like other things said, nothing there. No new actors/models installed no matter the location be it my library, public library, x86 content, cloud etc. 

I have tried every possible route for installing stuff manually. It seems Daz is not having any of it. Adding paths does nothing (edit preferences content in daz), installing it in all the folders it could possibly detect does nothing. I compared the formats they are the exact same as any format of anything installed in the cloud so it should work.

My head hurts, and I am heading to bed.  

Post edited by Malus on
  • If it's Poser format, you place the Runtime folder in the My Library folder (merging with the existing folder, if there is one) then in the Content Library pane you look in Poser Formats>My Library>and then the library for the content type (Figure, hair, or Props for loading models) and the folder for the item. Nothing should go in Program Files (which is, I assme, what you mean by the x86 location).

You are fixing to get two messages that say about the same thing. I was signed into the wrong account, therefore, my messages had to be approved. I just thought an error occurred. Anyways, these are typical daz formats as if you download victoria or whatever else. 

• It is a typical format as in it is the same as the daz formats found in cloud. 

• If it's in DS format then it would appear under Daz Studio Formats>My Library and then the folder structure in the ZIP (such as >People>Genesis 8 Female>Pose>some folder). Though if it has only a Runtime folder in the zip that would be Poser Format. Perhaps if you give a specific example.

I have data, people, and runtime. I go into data which has the morphs the morphs in there has the same exact file format as the genesis 3 model morphs so I know it should work but pasting the folder itself into my library public or not does nothing pasting it into the genesis morph folder does nothing, pasting the individual morphs into the folder with the individual morphs does nothing. I like to manually install my stuff like many other daz users I have run into. In the past, with older versions, this was no issue. Youtube videos make it look as simple as copying it into my library but it does nothing for me. That is just any morphs I have models do crap as well. It is a morph set for genesis 3 as well so compatibility should not be an issue. It just acts as if it does not exist at all. I go and check in shapes either on the left side or the right side when the model is selected and nothing is there besides real-world settings. I check all the info I can on genesis 3 in daz and nothing. I track down its folder via file browser and the morphs are in there but nothing. I check my paths in preferences they point to the proper places my library etc. 

Am I supposed to split them up and have the preference paths point to them. 
    As an example in the above. Data, People, Runtime are usually the main thing period. 

In perferences there are 2 paths. 

Now say in libraries I make 2 folders.
    Named  Studio Format, and Poser format would that work better if so what would I paste where? 

Or do I make 3 folders Content, Studio Format, and Poser Format if so what would be pasted there. 

Or does it really matter and all this can go into one folder and Daz should split it up automatically?

Trying to figure out the best method figure out if I am missing something. 

I added my library to everything in preferences it helped but not everything is installing. Hair for one but morphs did. 

• You would have My Library listed as a Daz Studio Format Content directory, a Poser Format Content Directory and an Other Import Formats Content Directory (by default it should aleady be the first two). No subfolder of My Library, and no fodler containing My Library, should be selected as any kind of content directory. The Runtime, Data, and other foldrs at the same level - such as People - go directly into My Library, not a subfolder.

• I got it to work the way to do it is very complex, and a bit idiosyncratic. First I added my library to all the things in the preferences. Then I went to my content tab. Then I went to click here to display options which is that arrow with 4 lines. Then I clicked search drive for files. 
    Scan known directories. 
    Install offline product. 

The only issue is, of course, it installed all the things in one bagoodled mess and you have a long list to scroll through to make it work. However, the morphs did install in the proper places at least. Plus I can search for what I need if I have to. 

Not perfect but it'll do. Also any time you install something new you need to do the whole checklist again just to make sure.