I dont understand!

magicweavermagicweaver Posts: 244
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

when we all downloaded cararra, the new studio, hexagon and Bryce I was told that they were ours to keep from then on, I woke this am and sat down to do a tutorial in carrara and it said my seriel number was invalid, then came in here tonight and find that it discontinued on april 25 2013 so would someone please tell me wth is going on, I'm literally confused, thanks

Comments

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

when we all downloaded cararra, the new studio, hexagon and Bryce I was told that they were ours to keep from then on, I woke this am and sat down to do a tutorial in carrara and it said my seriel number was invalid, then came in here tonight and find that it discontinued on april 25 2013 so would someone please tell me wth is going on, I'm literally confused, thanks

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/20690/
    new beta number

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Bryce Daz Studio and Hexagon were the 3 programs that were included in the Free Software Offer.

Carrara has always been a "for purchase" product and was not included in the free software giveaway.

There was at one stage a public beta for Carrara, with a serial number which timed out and had to be replaced at intervals.

However for some time now the beta version of Carrara 8.5 is only released to those people who have purchased a copy of Carrara

THere is a limited time trial version of Carrara available, which does also time out, as do most trial versions.