OpenGL issues

Daz studio will not open due to OpenGL issues.  Daz Studio says my computer has OpenGL 1.1 but Hexagon says I have 1.4.

openglissues.png
1096 x 285 - 32K

Comments

• JamesJABJamesJAB Posts: 1,760

Try downloading the drivers for your video device (GPU) directly from the manufacturer (Intel, AMD, Nvidia).
    The message that Hexagon is giving is probably generic for any machine running OpenGL 1.4 or lower.

Daz Studio reporting OpenGL 1.1 sounds a bit odd since the most recent GPU to max out at 1.1 was released in the year 2000.  My guess is Windows Update installed the Microsoft published version of your graphics driver (MS published drivers do not include OpenGL)

• If the HW driver don't work or is missing or some other hickup Windows will fall back on the software OpenGL driver (that one is 1.1), so yes, check your OpenGL driver.

Did it work before or did you just install DS on it ? anything changed on the computer ?

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,689

If the HW driver don't work or is missing or some other hickup Windows will fall back on the software OpenGL driver (that one is 1.1), so yes, check your OpenGL driver.

Did it work before or did you just install DS on it ? anything changed on the computer ?

I changed the OS.  It originally had vista.  Then Ubuntu.  I was using 7 for a while but just upgraded back to 10.  Since upgrading to 10 I have not been able to open Daz at all.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,926
    edited January 2018

Go to the nVidia or AMD website & download the latest video card drivers they supply for your GPU & install them. Also Intel GPUs need manual update. Search on Google or Bing with your video card product name download driver and you should find it easy enough with a little effort.

Post edited by nonesuch00 on

Good news bad news!  Good news is I got the splash screen to pop up Instead of the error but bad news it is bed time so no time to play.

Good news I got DS to launch but smart connect will not run

Good news bad news!  Good news is I got the splash screen to pop up Instead of the error but bad news it is bed time so no time to play.

• Do you mean it complains about it cannot run CMS ?