Feet pose controls are now inverted?

I'm getting a weird issue where in pose controls for the feet, the Right/Left Feet Spread dial is now inverted. Anyone know what would cause that?

Comments

• AlienRendersAlienRenders Posts: 791
    edited December 2017

Never mind. Found out it's the Dolly Heels causing this. Will issue a ticket.

edit: Ticket has been issued. Will update when more info is available.

Post edited by AlienRenders on
  • Eagle99Eagle99 Posts: 159
    edited December 2017

Hi AlienRenders,

1. Thanks for buying the Dolly Heels.

2. Sorry to hear that and thanks for finding that issue so quick after release.

I could reproduce the issue. It should only affect Geneis 8 Female(s).

The cause is the "E99_DollyHeelsToeControl" parameter. That slider makes the toes stiff while G8F wearing Dolly Heels to avoid pokethroughs when poses are load in. One of my efforts to make it super comfy for the customer.

Looks like it has that unwanted side effect that I didn't recognize. So it will be the best to get rid of it.

It has no effect on the general use of the shoes. The foot pose itself will work as before.

I will contact DAZ and send them the info with an update for the product.

=> 2 ways to fix that:

1. Delete "E99_DollyHeelsToeControl" when Figure is loaded:

- Select the figure and go to Parameters tab

- Make shure "Show Hidden Paramaters" is turned on

- Search for "Dolly" and delete "E99_DollyHeelsToeControl"

2. Delete "E99_DollyHeelsToeControl.dsf" in your content library folder:

- the file can be found at "...\My DAZ 3D Library\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female\Morphs\Eagle99\Dolly Heels"

- just delete it and restart Daz Studio

That should fix it.

Kind regards, Eagle99

Image2.jpg
    222 x 127 - 42K
    Image4.jpg
    319 x 324 - 61K
    Post edited by Eagle99 on
  • I noticed it only because I was about to release some freebie shoes and noticed my poses were all out of whack. Glad you found the cause. I'm more worried about cases where it's only happening on my machine (which has happened before). So in a weird way, I'm happy to see the issue reproduced. :)

Thanks again.

• BTW, another issue besides the spread dial was that the toes were lifted upwards. Does removing that control fix that as well?

• Eagle99Eagle99 Posts: 159
    edited December 2017

Yes, everything related to toe rotation is affected by that dial. It multiplies all toe-rotations by -1 in it's default position and by 0 when Dolly Heels Pose is applied.

Last thing is good for posing with the heels, first thing is bad.

I was so happy that I managed to get it to work with the heels that I forgot to think about what it does when it's not applied.

Lesson learned...

Good luck with your shoes!

Flat foot or also high heels?

Kind regards, Eagle99

Post edited by Eagle99 on