genesis into poser without dson plugin

Escutcheon7DEscutcheon7D Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Poser Discussion

Is it possible to import genesis into poser with all the material textures attached? I tried exporting genesis from daz studio as an obj but the materials werent attached when i checked the materials room. im wanting to export genesis from poser to deeppaint.
thanks

Comments

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

Is it possible to import genesis into poser with all the material textures attached? I tried exporting genesis from daz studio as an obj but the materials werent attached when i checked the materials room.

Using DSON is how you're supposed to import Genesis into Poser, so I'm not sure if you can actually do without it. As for the materials, D|S uses a lot more material parameters than a plain .obj file, so you will lose some material data no matter what you do if you use this method.
  • estheresther Posts: 608
    edited December 1969

you could bring it into poser then change the name of the dson importer I suppose or move the script elsewhere until you need it again. In the new poser pro 2014 that is coming I hear there will be a way to poserize the cr2 and so you won't need dson.

• Cliff BowmanCliff Bowman Posts: 1,677
    edited December 1969

Is it possible to import genesis into poser with all the material textures attached? I tried exporting genesis from daz studio as an obj but the materials werent attached when i checked the materials room. im wanting to export genesis from poser to deeppaint.
    thanks

Don't export it as an obj - export it as a .cr2. That will keep textures attached and generate a .obj in the process.

It is possible to use DSON to save a .CR2 which has IMO better materials than using the .CR2 exporter and then de-DSON it, but the only reliable way I know of at present is a little laborious.

Cheers,

Cliff

• estheresther Posts: 608
    edited December 1969

i'veheard that poser pro 2014 will be able to poserize the cr2 but it will still want (but not need) to connect with dson so we just need to be able to turn dson on and off.

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,785
    edited May 2013

If you have problems with materials on the exported figure, load Genesis via DSON and save the materials to the Library as a material collection. Then export it from Studio as a CR2. Load the exported CR2 into Poser and load the saved material collection onto it. For best results set the Smoothing Angle to 180 for Genesis and enable smoothing in render settings...

Post edited by WandW on