Interface since the "update" gone white

IkyotoIkyoto Posts: 1,159

It's unchangable and I can't get to many featues.

screen.jpg
1280 x 760 - 84K
Post edited by Ikyoto on

Comments

• That usually means DS was open when the new version was installed. Close DS, and make sure it really is closed in Task Manager, then uninstall and reinstall.

• ImagoImago Posts: 4,900

No need to uninstall and reinstall, just go to Window->Workspace and select a Layout. It should solve all.

• Imago said:

No need to uninstall and reinstall, just go to Window->Workspace and select a Layout. It should solve all.

No, the white-out is caused because a file or files DS is using cannot be updated and become corrupted, it is necessary to remove and replace them (by uninstall/reinstall). This is a Style issue, not a Layout issue.

• pcw5150pcw5150 Posts: 7
    edited July 2020

Looks like an old thread, but I just experienced this as well. DAZ Central just reported on the dashboard that I didn't have DAZ Studio installed even though I installed it long ago via the legacy DIM. After DAZ Central said I didn't have it installed the windows went white.

When I opened DIM  to uninstall/reinstall it no longer recognized that I had DS installed; so, there was no option to uninstall DS in DIM. But, in DAZ Central on the dashboard I clicked the prompt to install DAZ Studio. It appeared to go through a short repair process which fixed the issue.

Hope this helps..

Post edited by pcw5150 on
  • pcw5150 said:

Looks like an old thread, but I just experienced this as well. DAZ Central just reported on the dashboard that I didn't have DAZ Studio installed even though I installed it long ago via the legacy DIM. After DAZ Central said I didn't have it installed the windows went white.

When I opened DIM  to uninstall/reinstall it no longer recognized that I had DS installed; so, there was no option to uninstall DS in DIM. But, in DAZ Central on the dashboard I clicked the prompt to install DAZ Studio. It appeared to go through a short repair process which fixed the issue.

Hope this helps..

Daz Central looks at more than just the core application - it also checks to see if soem add-ons are installed. If choosing the install option was quick that probably indicates that it was just some plug-in or small content package that was "missing".

If you were using custom paths, especially for the Manifest Directory in DIM, then Daz central will have reset them - that would be wgy it doesn't see the application as installed.

• AngellsAngells Posts: 110

I fixed it by going to Dim, and it said install Dim right away. It installed and I got my screen back no more white screen. I didn't have to uninstall DS, I won't install DC again. Second time I installed it gave me problems.

• This happened to me as well, I reinstalled the update and it cleared up the problem. I find Daz Central far inferior to DIM, it has no depth to look under the hood. Please keep DIM!

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,033